Okay... My idea... I have a guitar that is a knockoff of fender. Slightly cheaper version. Guitar was given to me as a present. I want to make it slightly better so i don't have to buy another one and offend my fiance who got it for me...

I want a floyd rose to replace the standard tremolo in it, is that possible, by routing the top slighly. How would i go about the instillation and input. (Do you have to have a locking nut as well or can you use a standard nut? What are peoples recommendations on this?
Setup:
-Currently BC Strat (CUSTOM): HSH
-Peavey Tube Amp 200 watt 1x12 Celestion (4 ohm half stack cab as extension)

Kona Dreadnot Acoustic Guitar

Electric Strings: GHS Rockits- 11's
Acoustic Strings: Diaddario Mediums
I had a standard tremolo, Fender strat style. No locking nut, and after having problems with it, I suggest you get the locking nut for the floyd, helps majorly with tune.
sounds doable, but routing the top might be difficult if you are unexperienced, but definately the locking nut, or the buying the floyd wont be nearly as effective for keeping in tune
Get another one and play them both...she shouldn't have any SERIOUS issues with it...

Right?
<_<

>_>
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
... she does... hahaha.... it makes her feel like she didn't buy me a good guitar and makes her feel like i don't care about it so if I just fix it to how I want it, she will be happier.
Setup:
-Currently BC Strat (CUSTOM): HSH
-Peavey Tube Amp 200 watt 1x12 Celestion (4 ohm half stack cab as extension)

Kona Dreadnot Acoustic Guitar

Electric Strings: GHS Rockits- 11's
Acoustic Strings: Diaddario Mediums