Good evening to all you pit-goers.

I summed the post up at the end if you'd prefer it.

So, as the headline states, I have an interview at Kmart tomorrow at 2:00. I know it's just a place like Kmart, but it's my first interview. My last job I had (an Italian Resturaunt) just sat me down when I handed my application in, and they were really loose about the whole thing, just explaining how the job worked (My cell phone even rang, because it was unexpected, and she just laughed and said it was alright).

Unfortunately, I got paid 6.15 an hour there, working from 4 PM to sometimes midnight, even 1 AM without a break. No tips, and they took taxes out. **** that place. They broke so many laws.

But anyway...

I know the basics of a job interview, like dressing nice, being yourself, and just making yourself kind of stand out, but do you guys have any other suggestions? Or how about stories of job interviews in the past?

Also, if anyone here works at Kmart, what's the job like there, and what do you do?

In short - I have a job interview tomorrow, and I want suggestions and tips about how to act and include some odd or interesting interview stories.
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
i had an interview at a local grocery store once. They gave me a math test. I Passed and I got the job.
"On this life that we call home
The years go fast
and the days go so slow...

the days go so slow
."
Good luck. Shouldn't be too hard to get the job. It's probably similar to Wal-Mart.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
the few times i've been to kmart i've never seen ANY employees there. MAYBE like one cashier.
Quote by RPGoof
Dude, it's Kmart. It doesn't matter as much as a restaurant would.
Unless your Kmart is less ghetto then the one near my house is.

I understand that, I actually pointed that out. I'm just wondering what to expect from an ACTUAL interview.
Charles Bukowski
is there any reason i never see any employees at kmart when i go there? whenever i go to walmart there's a ton of employees there.
Be confident, polite, and honest. They can tell if your BSing them.
Don't go. K-mart = ****.
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
Ok I will tell you how my interview at my local Big K went for me 2 years ago when I got a job there. Place was not a good place to work but really easy especially for my first real job but I also had few choices because I thought it would be a good idea to smoke some pot for the first time. But I showed up the interview wasn't 1 on 1 it was like 6 people and they never interviewed us. They gave us paper work and hired us. So if its anything like my Kmart you have a job sir. Good Luck but again Don't work there too long its not a great place to be
Quote by Darksucker
Really, K-mart? Set some good goals for yourself, like maybe Best Buy.
I would apply for a paper route, I really would... But according to your profile, you are 14, maybe 15? I don't want to compete with you for the only job that you could get at your age, kid. That just plain wouldn't be right.
Charles Bukowski
Damn, Kmart is still alive? I could have sworn it went belly-up a few years back.

Anywho, don't sweat it too much dude. Just be yourself and act calm. They're probably looking for someone who they can count on to at least show up to work on time. Anything after that is gravy. Most likely they'll just ask you a little bit about any past work experiences, give you some hypothetical situations, and other little things like that. Nothing to worry about.
Quote by BreakingBnj
I would apply for a paper route, I really would... But according to your profile, you are 14, maybe 15? I don't want to compete with you for the only job that you could get at your age, kid. That just plain wouldn't be right.

Don't worry about it. People take potshots at paperboys where I live anyways...
My dad interviews people every so often for his group at work and he always tells me how pissed off he gets when people bring their phone in and it rings during their conversation. I know you probably won't make that mistake again and sometimes people don't care, but many would see it as a sign of disrespect/lack of focus.

I really don't know what else to tell you, but I wish you luck.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Dude, I work at Kmart and it was quite possibly the easiest interview ever. They just asked me about availability and such. They'll hire anyone. Although, I guess in comparison to my Governor's Honors interview, it seemed a lot less difficult.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
confidence and humour. if you could get both without going over the top, you're golden.
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
I work at Target. Similar. I wish I wasn't too hung over to give you advice I have a lot.
Be chatty, if you put any interests on your cv they'll probably ask about those, go in to a little bit of detail, why you like it. Talk about your goals at school, and what you have planned for the near future.

Don't ask what the pay is... just accept that there is pay :p
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible