Luke Klinkenberg is an industrial designer and NOVICE MUSICIAN.

I'm a novice internet user, but im going to invent an internet without pr0n. I graduated from yale and im got my degree in arts/design. I also like photography i take picture of lawn furniture in black and white and sell them to people because im an artist like that.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
I don't know why you think that is a stupid invention. It actually is a very good invention that solves a big problem for the traveling musician. If it plays well I would by one if I had the money.
It's stupid because it's a gimmick. It's going to break strings and fall out of tune constantly.
I look at it through this way, if something was invented in a way, and its worked fine for SO MANY YEARS, why would you try and change it, and make it not as effective. I mean im not saying its horrible, i havent tried it, but a guitar was meant to look the way it is, not like a fold out patio chair. He's just trying to throw out an invention and make some money off retards. If you ask anyone who performs/has preformed/is an active artist, they will hands down choose the regular guitar that is difficult to move around, because you know its a solid guitar, and not something that will fold on you when you try to bend the strings.....thats why I think its a stupid invention. its my opinion though.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
it may seem stupid now, but once refined it could take off. maybe not in a big way, but i think it's a good idea, and the fact that he actually made it as well is cool.
its not a bad idea, but its not great, i mean it wold wrok better if had a whammy bar that could hold the strings in tune because that would be a big problem, unless you install an autotune feature into it,im sure either one of two things will happen for this guy,
A) gibson will approach him and ask him for the rights
B) gibson sues the guy for using one of their almost dead patents just because they could never find a wroking design, and take his in out of court settle ment then make a Les Paul one for an overly expensive price
just my predictions
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Could work, but I could see many many problems.
Quote by Rokeman
it may seem stupid now, but once refined it could take off. maybe not in a big way, but i think it's a good idea, and the fact that he actually made it as well is cool.

Well we all saw how guitar hero exploded all of a sudden.......uh oh...
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by this&that
I look at it through this way, if something was invented in a way, and its worked fine for SO MANY YEARS, why would you try and change it, and make it not as effective. I mean im not saying its horrible, i havent tried it, but a guitar was meant to look the way it is, not like a fold out patio chair. He's just trying to throw out an invention and make some money off retards. If you ask anyone who performs/has preformed/is an active artist, they will hands down choose the regular guitar that is difficult to move around, because you know its a solid guitar, and not something that will fold on you when you try to bend the strings.....thats why I think its a stupid invention. its my opinion though.

a guitar works fine for making music, however it lacks portability, which is what he is trying to improve. It isn't conventional, and it probably doesn't have good intonation good intonation like someone else said, but it does succeed in fixing what it's trying to fix.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
Quote by this&that
Well we all saw how guitar hero exploded all of a sudden.......uh oh...

hey guitar hero isnt all that bad, what made it bad was posers and wanabes ( like i used to be around te first GH) playing the game then going to guitar center and ruining the guitar for everyone on simple songs, i mean i still screw up but i at least have some since for it now. but guitar shouldnt be condemed because it got big hype in public mainstream media, but condem the dicks who are jerks to real guitarists when they go into a guitar store and but the most expensive one that looks Brootal. because as well all know video games are never the source of the problem its the people who play it
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
I actually happened to see this on tv when it was on and the dude who made it said it only goes out of tune by a semitone to a tone so its not really as crap as everyone is making it out to be but there will always be haters
all you haters are being ignorant to change. all guitars lack a good way to lug them around. that guitar has great potential in my opinion. if it plays well, and sounds well, then why on earth would you say it's a bad invention? if it doesn't, well then he needs to work on it more. it does not mean it's a bad invention. maybe a floyd rose would help it stay in tune. my jackson (which has a FR) stayed extremely close to in perfectly in tune while i went on a 3 week hiking trip and rarely needs to be tuned.

i see potential but i couldn't tell for sure unless i try the guitar.
Hey, I just realized he never found a solution for amp portability, yet oddly he used that as one of the problems with conventional guitars...
Quote by The Raven
Hey, I just realized he never found a solution for amp portability, yet oddly he used that as one of the problems with conventional guitars...

there already is. my friend was telling me about some guitars that have little 5w amps built into them and also there are small amps you can get that you can clip onto your belt loops and what not. as for bigger amps, well... thats just it, they are big and they have to stay that way otherwise they lack power so its impossible.
Quote by The Raven

build it into the guitar and any effects you want into as well, problem solved, although the portability for the guitar arises once again. i guess its a double edged sword ( or something in that sense)
Quote by haha

Quote by ouch

Quote by TheReverend724
just me or did it sound bad? It sounded "shallow" to me...no tone.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by madshatter
there already is. my friend was telling me about some guitars that have little 5w amps built into them and also there are small amps you can get that you can clip onto your belt loops and what not. as for bigger amps, well... thats just it, they are big and they have to stay that way otherwise they lack power so its impossible.

No dammit I want a pocket-peavey NAO!!!
Quote by The Raven

Already solved by Ibanez.

Behold!

http://www.andysmusiconline.com/products/ibanez-grgm51hp-mikro-sonik.html
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

Bahahaha

Deal.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Quote by Skynyrd890
just me or did it sound bad? It sounded "shallow" to me...no tone.

is it me or did the paintball douchebag miss the simple fact that the amp is 80% of the tone and in the demo he used a very small, obviously not the best amp

sorry if it didnt like like a twin reverb dickface
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Ohhhh snappp

It's heatin up on the porta-guitar!!!
Quote by Green RATM Day

Quote by The Raven

All My Equipment
Quote by this&that

YEAH! ADVANCING TECHNOLOGY IS STUPID! WE SHOULD NEVER TRY NEW THINGS!
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
That was awesome!! I want one!

really great idea, can't wait until this comes on the market.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"