I was at guitar center today and found a used esp ltd ec-400 in good shape. I plugged it in and fell in love with the its creamy distortion coming from the duncan pickups (but man did it weigh a ton!). They were asking $500 for it, and it sells for $630 brand new. So is this a good deal? And what's a general rule of thumb for pricing on used gear? And how much can you safely haggle at guitar center anyway? And does anyone have any experience with this guitar? And is anyone slightly annoyed with all the consecutive questions I just asked?
i think you could at least get another 50 bucks but im not the best haggler and guitar center is always gonna be full of douchebags, good guitar though id get it either way
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
i think you could at least get another 50 bucks but im not the best haggler and guitar center is always gonna be full of douchebags, good guitar though id get it either way

+1 to that.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Seriously, just go really low, and then haggle up. They always WANT to sell it. I'd try for $420, then $450, then $470 and tell them you don't think you can really go higher than that, or pay full price if they throw in a gig bag or something. I got a $600 Bass, for $500 then when they tried to sell me a $40 gig bag on top of that I said I could get it for $10, and that's what they sold it to me for, so don't feel bad about haggling low, or being nasty. I'm always nasty to the guitar center employees, and for some reason they're not as nasty to me as they are my friends who are nice to them, lol.