I've been working on putting together my own guitar. lately i've been curving the edges for sanding, and i've noticed that im cutting it close on being able to make the input jack work on the side of the body. Is it possible to fill that hole, and put it by the knobs? like on an sg?
Quote by Guitarrox14
I've been working on putting together my own guitar. lately i've been curving the edges for sanding, and i've noticed that im cutting it close on being able to make the output jack work on the side of the body. Is it possible to fill that hole, and put it by the knobs? like on an sg?

fixed, and yes.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Yes. I would plug the hole with a wood plug or dowel of the correct size. Is your guitar thick enough to accommodate a jack that plugs in perpendicular to the body? I'd make sure before doing it that way. If not, you could do angled one like on a strat.
how would i go about making an angled plug like on a strat? Im guessing its pretty obvious, but i just want to make sure.
Quote by Guitarrox14
how would i go about making an angled plug like on a strat? Im guessing its pretty obvious, but i just want to make sure.

Might be an idea just to buy an angled housing for the jack, like on a strat. Probably easier than making an attempt to angle the wood or something like that.