Hi,

I've been playing with the same guitar for a few years now and every now and then, when I put the tone switch in the lead position, the sound will cut off and will do so for a couple of days to a couple of weeks and then it will come back. I went to guitar repair shops a few times and they usually tell me that it is fine. All the wires seem intact. The pick-ups aren't active so it's not a battery problem.

I was hoping that someone would have a solution. Thanks in advance.
tone switch as in a pickup selector?
I've replaced them in both my kelly's last night. some times it's a bad connection due to corrosion, dirt, or even a bent contact. if it's clean and you've bent them back in place to the neutral position when both pickups are supposed to be on and it still doesn't work, you might need to get it replaced. I find that the lower end guitars, and foreign low quality parts do tend to break down quickly with little use.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Last edited by 68_SG at Aug 2, 2008,
Yeah I meant pickup selector. Thanks for replying. I'll try to unbend them to see if that's the problem. What do you recommend to clean corrosion/dirt?

thanks again.
you can always take a bit of sand paper and clean them up a bit if they are dirty, but some people recommend cleaner which i still never tried, but bending them should make them work temporally
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!