...so what do you guys recommend? As I mentioned on my new Guitar thread, I play a lot of grunge with some psychedelic and metal influences. To give you an idea of my budget (I'm not sure how it converts to US dollars) I'm looking at a Marshall MG100, Peavey Envoy 110 and Ibanez TB100R. Which of these (or anything in this price range) would be best for my style?
i'd suggest a fender hot rod deluxe (what i have) , or something all tube just because more power is better but all tube in my opinion will improve your sound the most, and eventually more power becomes useless
100w is pretty large if using it for practice and 40w all tube is still really loud
I'm gonna have to say right away avoid the MG but on this forum further explanation is not necessary. I would suggest a Peavy Valve king 110, its 50 watts all tube. I used to personally own the 210 ( the 100 watt version), i parted ways with it cause it didn't suit my style or sound well but its dirty channel sounds like it could be used for your grunge-metal style and its an all tube which is always a pro. That just my two cents.
'62 reissue Mexican Fender Stratocaster.

Fender Blues Junior

Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Electro Harmonix NYC Big Muff
Ibanez TS9 tube screamer
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
Electro Harmonix Micro P.O.G
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Quote by The-Joker
I'm gonna have to say right away avoid the MG but on this forum further explanation is not necessary. I would suggest a Peavy Valve king 110, its 50 watts all tube. I used to personally own the 210 ( the 100 watt version), i parted ways with it cause it didn't suit my style or sound well but its dirty channel sounds like it could be used for your grunge-metal style and its an all tube which is always a pro. That just my two cents.

he means the peavey valveking 112 and the 212 (not 10)

and i second that opinion. miles better than the MG. tube sound on a budget. if you practice in your bedroom or at home only i would really recommend the 112, the 212 is way too big for most situations
I mentioned my styles before (grunge, metal, psychedelic). I don't gig yet but will be starting next year or so, and buying used isn't a road I want to go down.

And yes, after just a little reading here I know to avoid the MG, but since it had some good reviews I thought I'd pose the question. The Valve King is interesting, but does it have a good clean as well as distortion? And is the 112 big enough for when I start gigs or not?
OK I just checked a catalogue, and unfortunately the Valve King is a bit too expensive. Are there any cheaper tube amps that would get anywhere close to the Peavey sound, or should I just buy a solid one?
hmmm. if you cant afford the valvestate, then save up for it, or save more.
your going to get absolute #$%$ for anything under 350$ if you plan on gigging/