Alright....

I Finally have my amp and guitar...fender 50s CP Strat & NOS Blues Junior. Great stuff im proud to say i went out and got a job just to buy my rig....it would have been nice to have rich parents who would spend $1000 on gear though lol.

No but seriously which pedal.

Keeley BD2/Keeley TS9/Maxon OD9

I play John Mayer, Buddy Guy, BB King, SRV...
I just got a stock TS9 and i love it. I've heard great things about the Keeley TS9 and the Keeley BD2 so i don't see how you could go wrong with either...
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
i was actually thinking about sending my ts9 into keely and getting it turned into a ts808 and maybe buy the uber gainy ts9

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Thank guys. Im on the fence about this. Im leaning towards the BD2. I wonder if the Keeley version is noticeably better.
I have the stock TS9 and Keeley modded DS-1. I really love what he did with the DS-1; it's a whole new pedal. But, I do love my TS9. It's great for what it does, and plays really well along with a Fender amp IMO.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
I just got my Maxon OD9 with Silver Mod and KWS option from analogman

240 bucks, and I'm never getting rid of it
What about the fulltone ODC?
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Out of those, I'd probably go with the Keeley TS9.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Maybe. Depends on what you're looking for. If you really like john mayer, i'd suggest that you look into the Menatone Red Snapper.

http://menatone.com/menatone_2006/red_snapper.html

Listen to the sound samples.

Another lovely choice is the keeley/analogman modded TS-9. The analogman is very vintage, still has the mid hump, but very nice tone. The keeley has a dropped down bass response, so thats also an option.

The OCD is a great pedal. I like it. Sometimes i feel like its too agressive/fizzy for real blues playing, but i use it often.

Another option would be to consider a nice germanium fuzz. The Analogman Sunface or the MJM London Fuzz Germanium are probably the two best candidates in that field.

Its a tough search. Good Luck.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
do NOT get a stock bd-2 they are the worst pedals in the entire world. ever

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

TS9 or If moneys tight a TS7.
Identical circuits.
Even the TS808 is so similar to the TS9 that due to component value tolerances, you could have 2 TS808's and there could be more difference between those 2 "identical" pedals than between the TS9 and TS808.
What does Keeley mod exactly?

Im sorta in the same boat soon as well. Recently got a Blues Jr, and getting a custom Strat soonish. Im using a MIJ Boss SD-1 that I got given to me broken. I repaired it, but couldn't find the exact tone pot so its a bit different. Im getting a TS type pedal as soon as the funds start reestablishing themselves after my Strat is purchased.

A few TS type pedals that are worth looking in to:
Fulltone Fulldrive 2
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive

http://johnmayer.yuku.com/topic/1860/t/Message-from-John-regarding-gear-01-27-05.html