Page 1 of 8
I did a minimalist search and found nothing. I know it's probably been done before, but seeing how this is the internet, I can't see a reason not to have another one.

Let's face it, I'm fat as hell. 5'11, 245lbs. Normally I don't give a damn, but with the school year circling back around it's gotten me thinking about my self image.

When I was a freshman I was fat as hell (there seems to be a pattern). I remember being a freshman and saying, "Doesn't matter now, I'm gonna lose a lot of the weight with age and be normal when I'm older."

Well, it seems like I got older and the fat followed me. I had expectations of myself and I let myself down. I was the fat kid in elementary school, I was the fat kid in middle school, I was the fat kid when I was a freshman, and now I'm gonna be the fat kid as a junior.

It feels like I'll be the fat kid forever.

I've recently been biking a lot and I've quit drinking sodas, but it hasn't done anything yet. I just feel like crap about the way I look, and it really doesn't help me socially, or in any way for that matter.

Anyone else feel like shit about themselves? Anyone know how to deal with it?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
my womans family hates me. i have no job, no cash. i have **** clothes, i look like ****. i feel awful, i feel a bit stuck in a rut about everything as of late.

things will get better.
i will work harder.
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
I have HORRIBLE acne. For the second time. I had it before, and it went away last school year. And now it's back in full swing again for the new school year. I'm back on the medication I was on to get rid of it the first time, but last time it took four months. I'm sick of it.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
i dont know about you guys but I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLL GREAT!!!!! nutrigrain bars really help yknow
I have a problem with weight but not with too much of it. I'm about 5"8 and 130 lbs...constantly being told I'm too skinny by my family. it gets very irritating at times.
Quote by ratmblink123
I have HORRIBLE acne. For the second time. I had it before, and it went away last school year. And now it's back in full swing again for the new school year. I'm back on the medication I was on to get rid of it the first time, but last time it took four months. I'm sick of it.

me too, from junior high up until senior year of high school. try not to use too much chemical crap on your face, don't stay up too late, and watch what you eat. worked for me.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I was 5'10 250 lbs when I was 14, now I'm 186 lbs.

You can't just expect the weight to go away man, you gotta work for it, and hard.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by ratmblink123

What medication did you use that took 4 months? >_>.

In any case, TS.. just try doing some exercising. I started playing soccer (I actually quit recently), skating, and just going out more and I became less fat .
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
i was thinking about bein a douche but i wont

if you realy feel that bad about how you look then change it

theres no rule that you have to be fat

i would say play a sport while goin on a diet
ur coaches will give u motivation and the diet will help u loose wieght

but it wont just happen overnight you gotta work at it

and as for low self esteem its hard to not care what ppl think but if theyre not assholes it wont matter

good luck man
Quote by OrangePossum
Yep, it's Soviet UG versus bdfs05.

good luck.

Quote by bdfs05
fuck yea i got sigged

Quote by MyNameIsLame

When you're in the Pit, substitute any valid, reasonable answer with one of the following: fap, smoke pot, drink alcohol, rape, and/or murder.
yea im in pretty much condition your in TS, 5'10" and 240. I have been exercising regularly and have cut my calorie consumption in half, but still keep putting on weight. it was a ****ing torment in high school.

just recently learned about Hypothyroidism, and am planning to get tested for it soon, make alot of sense if thats what it is, otherwise im just destined to be a fatty
You are now blinking manually
Quote by MyNameIsLame
What medication did you use that took 4 months? >_>.

In any case, TS.. just try doing some exercising. I started playing soccer (I actually quit recently), skating, and just going out more and I became less fat .

It's Acutane.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
I'm very small for my age, that being said. I have plenty of friends, my social life is fine and my self esteem is higher than ever.
I just got promoted to partner at my law firm, my band's been offered a spot opening for Coldplay on their worldwide tour, and the woman of my dreams just blew me.

Suck it!
Quote by Keyphur
yea im in pretty much condition your in TS, 5'10" and 240. I have been exercising regularly and have cut my calorie consumption in half, but still keep putting on weight. it was a ****ing torment in high school.

just recently learned about Hypothyroidism, and am planning to get tested for it soon, make alot of sense if thats what it is, otherwise im just destined to be a fatty

Yeah, it does blow pretty hard. I've pretty much given up on any chance of finding a girlfriend or loosing my virginity in high school.

Yeah, hypothyroidism can be the cause. They checked me for that when I was 13. Wasn't it. I did get a laugh out of it though. The asian doctor came out and said with the most outrageous accent: "We testa your thyroid...You no have thyroid problem...you just plain fat!"

My mom was PISSED, but I thought it was hilarious, so she let it go.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
5'"10, 130 lbs on a good day.
Terrible guitarist/bassist, haven't touched a woman in well over a year, 18 and can't drive, made a little over 100 bucks on my last paycheck.
I'm fairly well-liked but other than that, I'm barely living.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
Holy **** do I ever sympathize with you TS. When I was in high school, I was the same way. I hated life! I hated going to school, it was so hard.

Now, 23 years old. I just finally kinda got used to being the big man. It actually helps me in social situations now, I'm kinda like the Chris Farley of all of my social groups, like friends, family, work, whatever. But holy **** was high school hard.

One day, you'll just find a way to accept yourself. For me, it was a combination of finding a job I am really good at 3 years ago, and finding a woman who accepted me for me. I still work at the job, broke up with the woman after 2 years. But she and the job really just got me comfortable with me and my looks, my skills, my everything. Don't give up man. Just take everything life gives you and use it to your advantage.

Same goes for all of you. The trend in this thread is youth. You will accept yourself one day. You aren't even living life yet, as sad as it seems. You think you have so much going on. Just wait. When real life begins, you will be guided in to accepting yourself and you'll be happy. Those that don't... they make medications for that I guess.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

my life rocks at the moment
i have a massive house motorbikes 5 guitars a hot gf who wantd to **** ALL the time so much i kinda get sick of it but i do it anyways cause im not a pussy like you guys
u are all whingers

wat about kids in africa who ahve it worse than u shutup u shuld be happy ure fat cause the kids in africa would love to be fat and not skin and bone

ure just bunch of whingers and if u get no pussy i hear in africa the super skinny chicks love fat guys but careful they ALL have hiv

stop whinging if ure fat lose weigt if u have no money work harder if ure ugly get plastic surgery and if u have **** clothes buy better 1s obviously

whingers
i lost weight, its kinda better
at least i get laid now
i feel society makes weight an issue when its really just a triviality
dont worry about it man
if you truly want to lose the weight it will happen
I feel like an empty jug. I don't have a chick, my guitar is fucked in the ass and I'm probaboly gonna have to get a new one, I have work tomorrow, I got another goddamn ticket, and school is starting soon.

I have no fucking chane with any girl. I blow it all the time. I don't even want sex I just want someone to be with. It sucks man. Big time.
Quote by Adam...?
I generally try to avoid being that guy, but I'm not going to lie to you, it's possible that I shit in a friend's dresser once.

Quote by Jackintehbox
Coke tastes like a can of smashed assholes, so yes there is a difference.

I am USUALLY the nicest one here.
Quote by ratmblink123
It's Acutane.

Try Differin .01% (if it's really bad, up it to .03%) every night. Use Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash morning and night, and also use Noxema at night.

Worked for me, in 2-3 months.

Proof:

I'm the one in the Pittsburgh Penguins shirt, with the yellow wristband on. This was taken.. a few months ago?

These were taken a few days ago:

<3.
Quote by Mudmen190

Quote by musiclover2399

Quote by Oroborous

My Last.FM
Quote by Daftendire
I have a problem with weight but not with too much of it. I'm about 5"8 and 130 lbs...constantly being told I'm too skinny by my family. it gets very irritating at times.

heyyy I am told that too...except I weight like 103lbs....
looks were never really my thing. but since i started high school i slowly got better. now im getting told im 'amazing' and all this other BS. doesnt matter when nobody really proves it to you. the first girl to tell me i was 'amazing' cheated on me. nothing ive done has really made a diference. so dont feel to bad if your overwieght. your probly not missing out on to much
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
i love me some bunnys

--> --> --> -->

Anybody up for a WookieCore Band? You let me know.

Watch me as i Rock on...
Quote by man_po_po
The only problem i have is with women because i always **** everything up

Yeah same here...
I hate it.
The only problem i have is with women. I always mess everything up and it makes me feel like an ass. Which affects my playing, skating, and gameing
I feel great to be honest, could care to lose a couple of pounds, but I'm American, who couldn't? It doesn't get me down though, I just got lazy and put on a gut, what can you expect? But, yea life is good.
Quote by ratmblink123
It's Acutane.

Man, that ****'s brutal. My friend was on it for a while. My acne was bad, not bad enough for that. I just have to take antibiotics.

My self-esteem used to be REALLY low. It started when a gf I had dumped me cause I couldn't make out. That pretty much destroyed my self-esteem within itself, and it didn't help that she was cheating on me with 8 (literally) other guys. I was pretty bad for a long time. So bad, that for the first 6 months with my current gf, I was completely paranoid that I was doing everything wrong (even though I wasn't). But I finally realized that if she was going to dump me, it was going to be for my constant whining and bitching. And plus, my gf was a huge help. She made it a personal mission to "fix me" as she put it. Luckily she was very patient and was able to deal with me for that long. As of today, we're still together and will be celebrating 7 months on August 14th.

Sorry, didn't mean to spill my guts there. My point is TS, that if you (at the risk of keeping up the broken record of advice) if you keep on with diet and excercise, eventually you'll get somewhere. Or you could have some sort of revealation. Or find someone who could help you out of the pit you're in. It will get better if you just keep trying. Don't give up.

/self-help rant

The only problem i have is with women. I always mess everything up and it makes me feel like an ass. Which affects my playing, skating, and gameing

Dude, I feel your pain. I've ****ed up my last 3 relationships. What you need to do is not date anyone (hard though it may be) until you find someone you really like and connect with. That's what I did and it's worked great. Just don't steal them from your best friend. I made that mistake on accident. He got really pissed at me and now he doesn't talk to me. It's not my fault that my gf moved on to me!
"The Soup Nazi of the Seinfeld Avatar Club-PM IHATECHILDREN to join"

Member of the SG Commandos
Last edited by GreenAC/DC123 at Aug 2, 2008,
im a lil short for my age, i have acne on my chest and back :/
ive never had a girlfriend cause im just too dam scared and my brother has taken literally all the girls i REALLY liked since 1st grade. some times i still tear in my eyes because of that
Jackson DXMG -> Vai Morley Wah -> Korg Black Tuner -> (Need a delay) -> Maxon OD808 -> BBE Sonic Maximizer -> ISP Noisegate -> Mesa Boogie Mark IV
Quote by MyNameIsLame
Try Differin .01% (if it's really bad, up it to .03%) every night. Use Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash morning and night, and also use Noxema at night.

Worked for me, in 2-3 months.

Proof:

I'm the one in the Pittsburgh Penguins shirt, with the yellow wristband on. This was taken.. a few months ago?

These were taken a few days ago:

<3.

OH GOD, ITS CRISS ANGEL!!!
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

Quote by umbrellacorp
OH GOD, ITS CRISS ANGEL!!!

You're the third person to tell me that >_<.

Who is Criss Angel?
Quote by Mudmen190

Quote by musiclover2399

Quote by Oroborous

My Last.FM
Quote by MyNameIsLame

Who is Criss Angel?

famous magician/illusionist
Hai 2 u
At the moment I cannot trust anyone. All of my "friends" have betrayed me and broken my trust. I initially thought that it was my fault.
But no, they are just all dickheads and lack sensitivity and have no idea about privacy.
They are losing me, I'm not losing anything.

All my problems are caused by me being 100% honest about myself and others. I always leave myself open and all people do is take. I help people I always get hurt from their mistakes.

Everyone in here that has low self-esteem, so do I sometimes. I guess the only advice is that you need to keep at it and stuff fixes up and if stuff does go wrong its not always your fault.

^^^ to the guy above me. I just did the same thing as you by accident. I am going out with a girl and I didn't know my friend liked her, now he won't let me open my mouth without him insulting me.
Last edited by PhobiXa at Aug 2, 2008,
My life is slowly turning around to bite me in the ass. Everytime I help someone, it backfires. I get bit in the ass because of THEIR mistakes, not mine, theirs. I have acne on my face that's rediculous. NOTHING gets rid of that ****. I'm fat, not too fat as to where I cant put off that I'm muscular (I do have muscle, just a layer of fat covering that ****) but even still, I've been told I'm cute by girls, that I'm the both the funniest and nicest guy they know, but I've never had a girlfriend. And the closest friend I've ever had is moving in a week. My life ****ing sucks.

I honestly dont know why all of this has to happen to me, but I really dont care, I've learned to deal with it myself, I dont need or want help...

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Roads5

famous magician/illusionist

Holy ****, I do... sorta.
Quote by Mudmen190

Quote by musiclover2399

Quote by Oroborous

My Last.FM
Quote by ratmblink123

I feel your pain. Mine is finally starting to clear up, seemingly for good, but it was terrible before, and my parents wouldn't take me to see a dermatologist. Whatever though.
Quote by MyNameIsLame

Who is Criss Angel?

He is the best magician out there...youtube that ****er. And I agree, you do look like him.

...Are you ready?

EDIT: And to stay on topic, anytime I start feeling like ****, I just start playing guitar with my amp up on a high volume. Music is really a cathartic for me, just playing guitar for a while can eventually get me into a state of mind where I don't really care about anything at all. It feels like there is nothing, outside of the room I'm in jamming, there is absolutely nothing. For the time I'm playing nothing else exsists. It's weird...but it can help me out.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Last edited by alienboy18241 at Aug 2, 2008,
I have low self-esteem
I don't like going out
I don't really like my friends that much, they just bore me
Work sucks
Girls 5 inches shorter than me weight more
Speaking of girls, they want nothing to do with me

blahblahblah.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I hate myself, im 5'8 and 125 lbs i think im fat, i wanted 10 girls in my bed in one nite and i ended up with only two. My lifes ****, ive only got enough money to buy a car but no more to buy a battleship. I wanted a 10 pack on my tummy but instead i only got a 6 pack.

I feel like shat.

but seriously i had acne took accutane and now its gone. point is drugs always help, take alot of it =D
Gear:
Ibanez RG2ex2
mega distortion md-2
Metal Muff
Marshall MG microstack
Line 6 spyder hd75 halfstack
Sonic Stomp
Schecter Damien 6