So, I went to see Judas Priest and Testament on the 29th of July. After weeks and weeks of anticipation, and spending $120 on two floor tickets with various fees, and to top it off a 4 hour drive to the venue, we get there. Shirts are $40 each, so I buy two. Then we get to the floor, and there are chairs! They didn't even play Screaming for Vengeance, or Living After Midnight. Testament didn't play Into the Pit either, and I'm glad they didn't.

I'm not really sure where this is going, so do any of you have any similar experiences when going to concerts?

tl;dr: Judas Priest/Testament concert had seats on the floor rather than a pit, and it nearly ruined the concert. Any similar experiences?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Broken_Drum
Don't worry, I'd be disappointed too if I had to go to a Judas Priest concert.

This.

Rob Halford can't sing anymore. His voice is painful enough when I can control the volume, I can't imagine being at a concert and having to hear him at that volume.
Quote by Broken_Drum

Gay guys in leather clad metal bands > Aphex Twin

EDIT: Yeah Rob's voice has deteriorated a bit, he really couldn't hit the high notes at all in Painkiller, and the seats I had were a bit crap to be honest.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

I'm sorry to hear that, Judas Priest are well past their prime in my opinion, it is a shame.
Quote by Broken_Drum

+1
wtf "breaking the law". I thought I as going to kill myself.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Oh crap...

I'm glad Motörhead and Heaven and Hell are playing with them then here.
When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?
Quote by Taker43153
Oh crap...

I'm glad Motörhead and Heaven and Hell are playing with them then here.

The only reason I bought the tickets were because I thought Motorhead and H&H would be there.

Testament alone should make up for it though. That and Dio still has his pipes.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Hm..

Just checked...

JUDAS PRIEST*HEAVEN&HELL
POST-GAZETTE PAVILION

I'm guessing that means only Judas Priest and Heaven and Hell will be playing then?
When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?
Rob's singing was very very complex to sing because of the VERY VERY high pitches he goes and probably the highest I have seen from any metal musician. Don't give him any slack because it is not his fault.
Last edited by herman ri2 at Aug 2, 2008,
I saw them for free. My friend had an extra ticket, and I wanted to go, so I went. Ticket for free, but I spent 50, on a T-Shirt, and a round of drinks for the people I went with. The remaining 2.00 or so I had left afterwards I gave to some hobo.

I was disappointed that Testament never played Into The Pit, as well as Souls of Black. At least they played "Over the Wall".

As for Rob:

He kept clutching his chest through the concert, I thought he was gonna get a ****ing heart attack or something.

And his face after "Painkiller" was done...every time he sings that, another year is taken off his life
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Quote by HelloHalo
I saw them for free. My friend had an extra ticket, and I wanted to go, so I went. Ticket for free, but I spent 50, on a T-Shirt, and a round of drinks for the people I went with. The remaining 2.00 or so I had left afterwards I gave to some hobo.

I was disappointed that Testament never played Into The Pit, as well as Souls of Black. At least they played "Over the Wall".

As for Rob:

He kept clutching his chest through the concert, I thought he was gonna get a ****ing heart attack or something.

And his face after "Painkiller" was done...every time he sings that, another year is taken off his life

Haha yeah. Did they have seats at Rexall too? I was beginning to think it was just Sask Place being douches but it may be just a Priest thing.

As well as grabbing his chest a lot, he seemed to be staggering a bit like he was about to fall over. O_o

I thought he was going to die, but my girlfriend said that those may have just been dance moves.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

There were bleachers at the sides, but most went to the floor. Me and my friend managed to get a nice spot at the left side of the audience, at the front, near the barrier.

And it was the Shaw Conference Center, not Rexall. Much smaller.

Weird considering when we got in line there were easily 1000+ people in line.
My Last.fm

Quote by \Powerslave/
HelloHalo, I love you.

WHO SEND ALL THESE BABIES TO FIGHT?
Quote by herman ri2
Rob's singing was very very complex to sing because of the VERY VERY high pitches he goes and probably the highest I have seen from any metal musician. Don't give him any slack because it is not his fault.

I assume you've never heard King Diamond?
But anyways, the closest to a "bad concert experience" I had was when Guns N' Roses canceled all of their California shows when my friend offered me to come with him.
Stop dissing Halford, at Monsters of ROck a week ago he was killer hit every note on painkiller, he must of had a bad night but imo he was killer at Monsters of Rock
Member of the "...Still waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club.

Founder of the "ZAKK Wylde" club

pm me to join
Quote by JC13
They did the same thing here, except Vancouver metal concerts are the same, chair or no chair. About 2 songs into testament, 80% of all chairs were thrown to the back and there were circle pits and the like. One guy getting the biggest nosebleed I've ever seen. Just a big crush to the front during priest though.

The security at Sask Place said we couldn't mosh. They said we had to sit in our designated seats, which was lame. Everyone was shouting when we were lining up at the doors to get in, and the seats killed whatever energy there was to begin with.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!