The guitar I currently have is a Laguna LE222... It's a lot better than my first guitar, a Lyon by Washburn, but now it's time to upgrade again. I'm looking for something with 24 frets, a double-locking trem, preferably an original Floyd, and decent humbuckers at the bridge and neck positions... Maybe even a middle pickup or a seventh string. I would just go for a JEM or a Universe, but I don't have enough cash. So I ask you this... What is the closest guitar to a JEM that won't go out of tune if I abuse the trem or divide by zero, won't sound like shit, and will stay in one piece? I have about $500 or $600 to spend here... So yeah, what can I get?

Maybe a Laguna LE524? It's really the only thing I found in the price range... The price range isn't definite; I can go over a hundred or two if I have to.

Thanks in advance for your advice and help. :3
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
New - Ibanez S320

Used - Things like the an Ibanez RG1570 or higher, a Schecter Hellraiser FR, etc..

Just make sure to get something with an OFR (Official Floyd Rose) or equivalent. For Ibanez that means trems like the EDGE Pro, EDGE, Lo-Pro, etc...
Last edited by T!AN at Aug 2, 2008,
Quote by T!AN
New - Ibanez S320

Used - Things like the an Ibanez RG1570 or higher, a Schecter Hellraiser FR, etc..

Just make sure to get something with an OFR (Official Floyd Rose) or equivalent. For Ibanez that means trems like the EDGE Pro, EDGE, Lo-Pro, etc...

Hmm... I definitely want to buy a new one, unless I don't have a choice. But that one you mentioned has 22 frets, right? I'd really prefer one with 24... Those extra 2 notes are always out of reach. ):
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
That laguna looks pretty awesome, I've never seent that brand before. Swamp Ash ftw!
Quote by T!AN
New - Ibanez S320

raise your budget by 200 bucks and those 2 are your best bet
go for a jackson dinky dkmg. if you find the right person, you can get it for that price. i got mine for something like 500-550. very good for shred.
Schecters, and some ESPs. The Kramer Striker FR-424CM Custom has a LFR, 24 frets, and it stays in tune. And with the extra cash, you could probably get new pickups of something like that.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate