So my current dilemma is whether to buy a noise suppressor or not. Let me give you the details of my situation (for those of you with small attention spans scroll to the bottom of the post)

I just started working and will have nowhere near the amount of money I would need to buy a new or even a used tube amp like I would want to have before starting playing shows in the fall. With that said I guess I can content myself with playing on my current low end amp as it will get the job done. But at show volumes; or practice volumes, and at the high gain I use; I am receiving (you guessed it) EAR SPLITTING FEEDBACK whenever I mute strings etc. This didn't use to be so much of a problem until I started playing alot of start stop jerky rhythms that I can't just step off my gain channel quick enough. So I'm trying to decide if I should get a noise suppressor or not.

I was at a show tonight and noticed that alot of the bands had NS2s and I'm assuming this is what allows them to play and stop without getting lots of feedback. (Of course most of these bands had much higher end amps as well) So do you think I should spend the money and grab one? I'm on a pretty tight budget but can manage since there's no way I'll be able to save up for a new amp before playing shows again.

Should I get I get an NS2 to reduce feedback or would it be a waste.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Why don't you get the ISP decimator you have on your want list? Musiciansfriend carries ISP now so u can just order it from there.

EDIT: You should buy a noise suppressor anyway. Also, try not to stand too close to your amp and touching the strings while not playing helps cut out feedback.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Last edited by evening_crow at Aug 2, 2008,
Quote by evening_crow
Why don't you get the ISP decimator you have on your want list? Musiciansfriend carries ISP now so u can just order it from there.

EDIT: You should buy a noise suppressor anyway. Also, try not to stand too close to your amp and touching the strings while not playing helps cut out feedback.

I didn't notice that the ISP decimator was on his want list - I hereby retract my previous statement lol.

But the Decimator is only like $25 more than an NS-2 and since you already want it then go ahead and get it!
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I didn't notice that the ISP decimator was on his want list - I hereby retract my previous statement lol.

But the Decimator is only like $25 more than an NS-2 and since you already want it then go ahead and get it!

hahaha...

yeah, having my post right under yours made me look like a douche.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
hahaha...

yeah, having my post right under yours made me look like a douche.

Its all good. I use a Boss NS-2 and I stand by it - I really don't see why everyone has such a big problem with it lol.
I was actually planning on getting the ISP but it's almost 50 dollars more and if it does almost exactly the same thing (I've heard people go both ways on which is better) then I don't see a point in plopping down an extra day's worth of pay on it.

So the consensus is just to get a noise suppressor. Whether it be the ISP or the NS2.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
The NS2 is not an inherently bad unit, it just comes across that way when you compare it with the ISP. ISP has built a solid reputation for being the best in the business, and though some small part of it is undue hype, it still a justified stance on pretty much everyone's behalf. I'm using their ProRackG and I don't think I'll ever have to worry about my noise reduction needs again.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM