so i broke my phone recently. i have sprint and my friend gave me two old motorola phones, v series i think. they have SIM cards. I'm wondering if i can use either of these phones for my sprint service number. my friend used cingular.
Quote by CodeMonk
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
If you change the sim card from your old phone into the new one you probably should.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
i didnt have a sim card in my first phone tho.
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

When Teenagers Crash Their Mothers Cars And Slash A Few Tires, The UG Justice Team Will Be There, And Justice . . . . . . . .Will Be Served!!!!
i think cell phones are going to be the cause for the fall of Western society.
Phones have to be unlocked in order to be used across different carriers. If your friends have Sprint then its fine, but if they have something like AT&T or T-Mobile, then you'd have to call the carrier to get them unlocked, which costs money, but I don't think its an outrageous amount.
*Edit*: It'd be nice for me to actually read the thread...I think you can take phones to the carrier and get a SIM card. Although, I'm not sure since your friends do have Cingular. But, again, if you get the phone unlocked and have a SIM card for your service then I think it'd work.
Last edited by Burdell at Aug 2, 2008,
is there a way to change the sim card for my use?
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

::bump::
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell

i swear the only way to keep the same number is to keep the same simcard ..
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
well the thing is i dont have a sim card to start with.... the phones i got from sprint werent SIM phones
Quote by CodeMonk

Quote by bob farrell