I'm going to college in a few weeks and gonna live in the dorms. We're not supposed to BRING amps(obviously that means don't make it known that you're using one).

I currently have a Microcube, which has a 1/4" headphone jack. However, my headphones blow. They're 1/8" inch headphones that came with a 1/4" adapter, and were only $25 to begin with. Even my untrained ear can hear the harshness of the digital sound quality of my 'Cube, but when I use the headphones even that sound is DESTROYED. Everything sounds far away and THIN and weak.(Is this due to the Cube or my phones+adapter?) Can anyone recommend me a good pair of headphones with a 1/4" jack that can be had for $20-$50 US(tight budget)?

Also, how are the Line6 POD products? Worth it for dorm practice, even with a Microcube already? They all just have a headphone in jack, right? If I DO get a POD eventually, is there a reason to step up from the pocket POD to one of the nicer, 'complete'/'regular' PODs?

Thanks.
Yeah, the Cube sounding thin like that is just the phones. Mine sound awesome, though I don't have any real suggestions. I don't know what mine are.

PODs are righteous. My bro has one, I wholly recommend them.
Do you use earbud headphones? Try getting a pair that cover your entire ear.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Why don't you try what i'm gonna be doing? (warning, tis' expensive)

I have a POD X3 Live (great piece of gear my fellow!) and i use some Sony earbud headphones (about 12 dollars) with a 20ft long 1/8 to 1/8 stereo extension cable. This works pretty good but can be annoying having a cable on the guitar and another going to my ears.

I'm planning on getting some Sennheiser cordless headphones (about 100 dollars) to use directly from the POD.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
Why don't you try what i'm gonna be doing? (warning, tis' expensive)

I have a POD X3 Live (great piece of gear my fellow!) and i use some Sony earbud headphones (about 12 dollars) with a 20ft long 1/8 to 1/8 stereo extension cable. This works pretty good but can be annoying having a cable on the guitar and another going to my ears.

I'm planning on getting some Sennheiser cordless headphones (about 100 dollars) to use directly from the POD.

Sorry to stray off topic but...

Sennheiser ftw!

I use a Sennheiser wireless with my guitar and its amazing. You should get one and use it along with your wireless headphones lol
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Sorry to stray off topic but...

Sennheiser ftw!

I use a Sennheiser wireless with my guitar and its amazing. You should get one and use it along with your wireless headphones lol

Ever since i got a Sennheiser E835 Vocal Mic i fell in love with their stuff lol.

I'm actually considering doing that, but it's kind of expensive
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.