Hey guys,
I've done a quick search and I couldn't find any conclusive results. As the title suggests, I'm looking for a wah that can give me Petrucci-esque tones (like his lead tones). If I buy a wah it will most likely be blind because not many shops in Australia carry high-end wah pedals. I was thinking of an RMC Wizard Wah or a Morley Bad Horsie 1/2. Also, the 535Q came to mind as well as the Ibanez WD7, both because of their tweakability. Also, the Dunlop rack wah isn't and option cause I'm not really willing to drop $600+ on a single effect.
Thanks in advance
a wah will not help u get petrucci's lead tone, which comes from his massive rig of orgasm inducing gear. live he uses crybaby rackmount with an ernie ball foot controller

i personally have a bad horsie one and its amazing, it automatically springs back, and its auto on, no pressing switch. shut off delay time CAN be adjusted inside the pedal
Swag

Schecter Blackjack C-1/C-7
Ovation Balladeer
Mesa F30
DanL Chorus
Bad Horsie Wah
EB Volume Pedal
Quote by SuperDuperSlash
a wah will not help u get petrucci's lead tone, which comes from his massive rig of orgasm inducing gear. live he uses crybaby rackmount with an ernie ball foot controller

i personally have a bad horsie one and its amazing, it automatically springs back, and its auto on, no pressing switch. shut off delay time CAN be adjusted inside the pedal

Sorry, I shoulda been more clear. I want a wah that sounds like his, if you get me.
Quote by digger35
I like it though... could a wizard wah get that sound?

+1

His live wah sound is... Wow. When I saw him with G3, when he did Little Wing, that was the only wah I've ever 'wowed' at. As for recording, a really good example is in Sacrificed Sons in the orchestral part. I cant be bothered finding exactly where in the song it is now though.
Too bad that most of his expensive, expensive gear helps his great wah sound. Still, I can get sorta close can't I? A fella can dream! Yeah, I'm basically basing his wah sounds off his live wah sounds. The vids are on youtube though, vids like G3 Foxy Lady in Tokyo and when he plays other songs with DT live.
Last edited by digger35 at Aug 2, 2008,
The Bad Horsie 2 is very tweakable and can get alot of sounds except a really classic crybaby.

But you can tweak the contour and level to get a really powerful effect with very little "sweep" which sounds abit like Petruccis
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
I'll try it out, thanks GIR and everyone else. If all else fails my friend said he could try and build me a wizard wah clone, hopefully that works out