so anyways i had a Practice with my band yesterday
and i Have a Behringer V-tone 1200 or whatever it is

its the Highest Wattage V-Tone

anyway i was playing a Fast run in a New solo i wrote that i was showing them

and whenever i started playing on the G-string or higher i would hear Like Muffleing sounds

like when you mute a string and play it that weird Paperey sound
kinda like paper Crumpling

anyway so i thought WTF!!
so i just stopped and turned down my guitar

but then Out of Frikkin nowhere This Crazy Screaming Feedback came on which sounded like a Mic Howling

and my guitar was Plugged in and Not even turned up

Im suspecting the Input Jack on the Amp
because it is Extremely loose like it will wobble around like crazy with a Guitar plugged in

Any Ideas?

im getting it looked at soon anyway
but maybe you guys could give a suggestion so i dont have to

P.S. No Lame "Behringer SuCkZorz Comments"
Cuz it happens to be that they dont
Behringer DO suck. They're built to a price point with cheap components and low-cost labour, some of their PA stuff is ok, but their guitar amps are not...they don't even sound good. There's nothing wrong with owning cheap equipment, just don't be in denial about it.

It doesn't sound like an input jack problem as that wouldn't be specific to certain strings or frequencies, but that could have just been coincidence. Sounds like the speaker could have crapped out, or perhaps something's shorting out inside.

Also, don't use "gay" to describe broken equipment, it's childish, pathetic and also liable to get you a warning. If you're quick then you can change it before a mod sees.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
that sounds like a problem with the speaker

when you break a speaker, it can flap around, making that 'papery' noise you were talking about.

that or you had something in front of the amp that would move when you play
Behringer = gay
i dont like their amps and effects. it feels cheap and unreliable.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Having studied electronics as part of a sound engineering qualification, i can tell you for a fact that its not the input jack. a loose input jack would not make the unwound strings sound like crap and cause feedback whenever you turn the volume down.

The truth is, you're describing the symptoms of an amp that is just generally crap. Learn from your mistakes and don't buy cheap, unnecessarily high wattage amps in future.

A final note, whats the point in posting saying "my amp sounds crap, but don't tell me its crap because its not crap"?
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
[quote="'jamie[wls"]']that sounds like a problem with the speaker

when you break a speaker, it can flap around, making that 'papery' noise you were talking about.

that or you had something in front of the amp that would move when you play
yeah im guessing that

The same thing happened on the Other Channels Speaker
and now its happened to both

NO!!!!!!!!!!

Curse my Father for buying Me cheap Equipment For My Birthday without Bringing me With him to pick it out

Quote by Blompcube
Having studied electronics as part of a sound engineering qualification, i can tell you for a fact that its not the input jack. a loose input jack would not make the unwound strings sound like crap and cause feedback whenever you turn the volume down.

The truth is, you're describing the symptoms of an amp that is just generally crap. Learn from your mistakes and don't buy cheap, unnecessarily high wattage amps in future.

A final note, whats the point in posting saying "my amp sounds crap, but don't tell me its crap because its not crap"?

my amp is Crap

But it does not sound Crappy

Ive stressed this enough
and if i wouldve had anything to do with what amp i got

it wouldnt've been a Behringer

My dad Gave it to me as a gift
it sucks too
i have to play a show tomorrow night

Quote by steven seagull
Behringer DO suck. They're built to a price point with cheap components and low-cost labour, some of their PA stuff is ok, but their guitar amps are not...they don't even sound good. There's nothing wrong with owning cheap equipment, just don't be in denial about it.

It doesn't sound like an input jack problem as that wouldn't be specific to certain strings or frequencies, but that could have just been coincidence. Sounds like the speaker could have crapped out, or perhaps something's shorting out inside.

Also, don't use "gay" to describe broken equipment, it's childish, pathetic and also liable to get you a warning. If you're quick then you can change it before a mod sees.

Calm down there Buddy
Quote by steven seagull

He pretty much summed up the exact thing I was going to say so:

+1
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Behringer cleverly designs all their amps to be gay to ensure that they don't reproduce. Sounds like yours is behaving properly.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by hightension01
Calm down there Buddy

I am calm...I'm not the one fretting about having to play a show tomorrow night with a broken, crappy amplifier with gender-identity issues
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by slatsmania
Behringer cleverly designs all their amps to be gay to ensure that they don't reproduce. Sounds like yours is behaving properly.

Quote by steven seagull

Useing 'gay' to describe somthing broken/as an insult/ect. isn't childish or pathetic the way I see it...It's just somthing thats said. I even know a few homo's who use the word 'gay' in similiar ways to the TS.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Paint a rainbow on the tolex and call it a day. Not that there's anything wrong with it...
Quote by HLrocker
Useing 'gay' to describe somthing broken/as an insult/ect. isn't childish or pathetic the way I see it...It's just somthing thats said. I even know a few homo's who use the word 'gay' in similiar ways to the TS.

*facepalm*
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Ahh, so many sig'able wins in this thread.. But which one?..
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
i think 2 of my acoustic guitars do stuff with each other while my back is turned, because one of them went rattly for a few months, and then one morning there was a ukulele on the floor. So you should be happy if your amp is gay! It won't produce little 5-watters with your other amps then.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by steven seagull
*facepalm*

or not...
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Quote by Say Ocean
Amps can be homosexual? God I wish my Triple rec was sexual in general. Then I could mate it with a Mark IV and have the best amp EVARRRR

That WOULD be an unbelievable amp.
But still, Behringers are very low quality and it could be a number of problems. You may want to get it checked out