K. I got unconditionals for aerospace engineering from,

1.Liverpool University
2.University of Southampton
3.Sheffield University
4.University of Surrey

Cons and Pros...

DISCUSS !!!!

P.S - I do realise getting the pit to make my life choices is a BAD idea...
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
From what I hear Soton is one of the best for engineering. I plan on applying to Liverpool and Soton for English lit, so you have my word that they're... nice.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Personally, I hated Liverpool. It just seemed a horrible place to spend part of your life.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Southampton is by far the best on that list. Unconditional too, you must be a genius. Congrats
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
I was born in Southampton and its a lovely place. I don't know anything about the uni itself, but it's an excellent location.
Liverpool sucks ?? I thought it was one of the friendliest and an overall good place ??
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Quote by X-Boy
Liverpool sucks ?? I thought it was one of the friendliest and an overall good place ??

These jokers don't know what they're on about, they watch Brookside and assume things... Although, I've never been to Liverpool University but I heard it was alright.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Liverpool is meant to be a great university. Plus it's got that award for the city of culture thing. Sheffield though... Lived there for a few years and it's not the best place to be in my opinion. Depends, what are you looking for? The best education or a good education with a really great time in the city you are in?
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Liverpool is meant to be a great university. Plus it's got that award for the city of culture thing. Sheffield though... Lived there for a few years and it's not the best place to be in my opinion. Depends, what are you looking for? The best education or a good education with a really great time in the city you are in?

Capital of Culture, it also means there is a lot more going on in the music scene in Liverpool this year.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
lol dude did you go and look around them all and see which one you like the best

go and talk to some of the tutors there
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Liverpool is a top class Uni, but I don't know whether it has a reputation for engineering like Soton has. As somone said, go visit them and see which you prefer
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Well, the Uni of Surrey is in Guildford, which is a fairly boring town (i live really close by)
Theres not massive amounts of places to go out at night, and its pretty expensive to live there
Not sure what the Uni itself is like
Drive me home Jeeves
Bloody Hell! 4 Unconditionals! That's not fair... Na, liverpool is a pretty good one, but I've not seen the others.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Surrey is ment to be really good

but dont go by what we say

go look for yourself

i know someone whos halls of residence ended up lookin onto a traintrack...or course theyre not gonna show you that in the brouchure!
I'd say Southampton, but I don't know much about the others.

How did you manage to get unconditionals?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Sheffield is clearly the most prestige out of that lot, in my opinion.. along with Liverpool, of course.

Anyway it's not about just that. Either you will like where you are, or you will not (essentially).

Most opinions here are worth noting but remember alot of people just recommend where they happen to have been, even just for a visit or if they know someone who knows someone who knows someone at said place.

Edit - CONGRATULATIONS, by the way TS.
How ??

Well i don't know...applied through UCAS. Is it cause i'm an international student ?

Meh....did well in my exmas and stuff i guess. Bout it.
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Quote by X-Boy
How ??

Well i don't know...applied through UCAS. Is it cause i'm an international student ?

Meh....did well in my exmas and stuff i guess. Bout it.

If you have an unconditional offer from Sheffield University you should be very, very pleased my friend. I bet it is fantastic for Aerospace Engineering!

Aerospace Engineering - MEng (H400)
Aerospace Engineering - BEng (H402)
Aerospace Engineering with Private Pilot Instruction - BEng (H460)
Aerospace Engineering with Private Pilot Instruction - MEng (H490)
Aerospace Engineering with a Year in Industry - MEng (H405)
Aerospace Engineering with a Year in Industry - BEng (H404)
Aerospace Engineering with a Year in North America - MEng (H406)
Aerospace Materials - MEng (H403)
Aerospace Materials - BEng (H401)

Nice.
Last edited by Jackolas at Aug 2, 2008,
Uh oh it's the lovely league tables! Sheffield (overall) is 22nd, not bad at all.
It's hard to recommend a university for someone you know well let alone someone you haven't met on the 'net. Either way unless you're extremely unlucky whatever university you go to you will have an amazing time and if you make an effort a really good social life. The only other way to help would be to look at league tables.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Roland Cube 60
True that.

112 Thames Valley 67% 0.4 20.6 747 212 69.5 48.4 62.7 256

That is where I did my GCSEs and A Levels. I sadly never got the educational silverspoon, alas.
I ****ed up my A Levels and still managed to get into a decent uni through clearing and passed my first year without doing any work. I have no idea how I got this lucky considering most people on my course got like ABB.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Roland Cube 60
i never did A levels

i got a Nd in general art and design

no exams needed
Umm everyone says soton..

But how are the people ?? I'm Sri Lankan...So how does the place treat the so called "indians" ? (I doubt most people know where the hell sri lanka is)

Cause a UK born indian friend of mine moved over o the uk recently, not sure where and he was like ****ing racists everywhere!
Quote by blynd_snyper

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Quote by X-Boy
Umm everyone says soton..

But how are the people ?? I'm Sri Lankan...So how does the place treat the so called "indians" ? (I doubt most people know where the hell sri lanka is)

Cause a UK born indian friend of mine moved over o the uk recently, not sure where and he was like ****ing racists everywhere!

Really? That much fucking suck. That's really shameful... We have our fair share of idiots over here, like anywhere.

Unless you're unfortunate enough to meet some complete cunts, you should be fine.

Congratulations on those offers though. I'm guessing you deserve it
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
It's very rare to encounter racism at university because unis are completely multicultural. I don't know the exact figures but I'd assume that 60% of students in a standard university are foreign.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Roland Cube 60