Inspired by the other self-esteem thread, but different enough to justify the start of a new one (I think).

Everyone is insecure about something. It's just.... life. But how many of you guys have those friends that are always negative about everything? I have em. I don't even want to call them emo, because that word is way too over-used these days. Besides, most of them don't even fit into that stereotype. Anyway, I don't mind listening to people when they're upset, or talking them through something or offering help, but NOTHING bothers me more than someone who complains about stuff and then proceeds to do absolutely nothing about it.

I've had friends who complained about their lack of money, but refused to get a better job.

I've had friends who complained about being fat, but refused to eat better and work out.

I'm tired of hearing my friends complain about how they suck at guitar or didn't get into a certain band when they haven't done anything to improve their playing. Ugh.

I'm tired of my female friends coming to me with relationship problems, and then when I talk them through it, they go and do the EXACT same thing they complained to me about... then a few weeks later, they're complaining to me about the same ****! Yeeaarrrgh.

I hate hate hate hate people who just sit around feeling sorry for themselves. DO something to improve your position. Even if it doesn't work, at least you're trying. People respect that. Anyway... you guys have any specific stories of people who complain about problems that they never actually try to do anything about?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
You realize that you're complaining about people and not doing anything to stop them? So in a way, you should be angry at yourself for not letting yourself just say what you really feel.

/failedattempttoconfuseyou
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Ignore then, they'll shut up afterwards.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Colgate Total
You realize that you're complaining about people and not doing anything to stop them? So in a way, you should be angry at yourself for not letting yourself just say what you really feel.

/failedattempttoconfuseyou

Hahaha what? I eventually tell them that they need to do something about their situation or it's never going to change. I then ask them to stop bothering me with their problems if they're not going to actually do anything about them.
Banging on a trash can
Wow, this made me realise something.

I should really just stop being so retarded and make my life better...

Thank you, BigFatSandwich

SonOfTheEdit - Your username made me laugh, I enjoy laughter

SonOfTheEdit2 - I just realised, I'm both sides to this, People ask me for help and whatnot, then a few weeks/months later I go to them with an identical problem xD
Last edited by Son.Of.TheViper at Aug 2, 2008,
Quote by BigFatSandwich
I don't even want to call them emo, because that word is way too over-used these days. Besides, most of them don't even fit into that stereotype.

Yeah, because you have to be "emo" to feel bad about yourself. [/sarcasm]
We're in identical situations. It's like I'm a therapist or something. I love everything about life atm so I guess I'm lucky but when people moan about pathetic problems time after time it gets boring. Plus some people change their personality at times and go into a shell for attention, like they want to look mysterious. Fortunately these people aren't my best friends so I just don't really even bother being pissed off at the situation.
Jackson RR5
Epiphone LP Standard
Ibanez S370
Marshall JCM 800 4103 Combo
Roland Cube 60
Quote by sebbsmith
Yeah, because you have to be "emo" to feel bad about yourself. [/sarcasm]

I made that comment so people wouldn't come in here saying that. "Maybe you shouldn't have such emo friends, duuuuude! Har har har."
Banging on a trash can
And besides, the solution is simple. Tell them to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Don't help them anymore. Its them who need to get off their fat ass'.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
I made that comment so people wouldn't come in here saying that. "Maybe you shouldn't have such emo friends, duuuuude! Har har har."

Well you should ignore those people, because those people are idiots.
Quote by sebbsmith
Well you should ignore those people, because those people are idiots.

I know. But it would probably turn into an emo bashing thread... which would then turn into an emo debate thread... which would then turn into a closed-by-mods thread.
Banging on a trash can
I've got kinda low self esteem. But I'm not always negative. I'm just all nervous and kinda shaky sometimes.
If you want to become a millionaire would you surround yourself with failed investors?

If you want to become a great guitarist would you surround yourself with people who play air guitar?

If you want to be smart would you surround yourself with drop outs?

If you want to be happy would you surround yourself with miserable people?

There is a saying "those that never had a chance,never took a chance"

Yeah life will let you down sometimes,get back up and keep rolling.

Self wallowing self pity "oh life sucks,oh life isn't fair,oh why even try" mentality goes back to the grunge era where kids thought it was chic to look at life as a burden and mope around in self pitty.Now some of those kids can't deal with life challenges and loose it mentally which is why you see them go off on a killing craze.

Everybody has potential and everybody has good qualities if you learn to see them in yourself.And bad qualities,try and work on them.Respecting yourself will make others respect you.

Women will tell you the #1 quality they like in a man is self confidence,a guy who is at ease with himself and doesn't give a frak what others think of him.I'm not talking being stuck up but just being confident.Everybody has things they don't like about themselves but just nagging on that you'll never get what you want.
Last edited by LK_revival at Aug 2, 2008,
Basically me and two friends, there is an unhealthy vibe of negativity and self-doubt when it's just the three of us.

We always laugh about how miserable our lives are though so maybe not the same thing. None of us moan seriously.
when I was in high school (been a few years) I was so shy with self doubt I had this thought that girls couldn't like me....why would they?One reason I got into guitar,it was a escape.Latter on to find that a few of those girls I thought wouldn't like me thought I was cute.

As time went by I broke out of my shell.I am a introvert I always will be that is who I am and I have come to like myself for it,which doing that has actually given me confidence in myself and made me more social with people..........specially women.

I have doubts,everybody does but don't let them control you.There will be times you fail at something,accept it and keep at it.Every successful person like a inventor failed alot before succeeding.Where would they be if the first first time they failed they said "oh well I suck,life sucks why bother"

If you are not content there is only one way to change it,do it for yourself and life will turn out to be pretty damn good probably.