I got a baja tele recently and I have to admit it weighs a fair bit...

So I was wondering, (this might be a stupid question, but) is there any easy way of reducing the weight?

Be interested to hear about any successful weight mods that anyone has carried out...

Cheers!
Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster
Laney TFX3 120w 1x12 Combo
Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion
take the tone/volume knobs off, should save about 5 grams
If it smells OK, taste it.
no.

the weight is nearly entirely the actual wooden body slab (hardware weighs comparatively little), and unless you plan on putting holes in your body (which is never a good idea), there's no way of doing it.

is it a really bad issue?

maybe getting exchanged for another guitar?

or if you like teles, you can get thinline ones (i.e. normal teles with f-holes, which are naturally lighter).
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Hmm.. I never thought that I'd see a thread about a Telecaster weighing too much.

There's nothing you can do to lose serious weight, which isn't destructive, so my best advice would be to go out and buy a Tele with a chambered body.

Edit: It's only an ash body, with a maple neck.. if you have trouble dealing with that kind of weight, then I dare say that every guitar you try will weigh too much.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Aug 2, 2008,
Warm up and stretch before you play and before you go to bed. Do situps, crunches, pushups, whatever, and go for a run every now and again. Build up some muscle and you won't ever have such a problem as this.

There's no reason any regular guitar should be too heavy to play. Maybe a double neck or a guitar with a granite fretboard(yes they exist,) not a damn Tele.