Recorded this today, all acoustic style Has about 10 different tracks in it. Took practically all day. There are some issues, feel free to point them out.

C4C of course!

www.purevolume.com/peterdavison

make sure to download! DON'T STREAM. It absolutely DESTROYS the quality. I promise it will be worth it
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Thanks The actual song is really good. It's by an Australian band called The Vines.
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Any chance of you tabbing it up?
I'd totally be spreading the man love if you did.... @_@

I love their new album.
Yeah, I have actually tabbed it, but it's in my own crazy language. I'd have to figure it out. Is there an easy way to do it here at ultimate guitar to get the formatting correct?
Quote by sashki
Thanks for the crit on my song!

*You were right on the whole "stream vs. download", DOWNLOAD IT PEOPLE!

First off, incredible tone. No joke, that is beautiful.
Playing is nice and warm, goes excellent with the whole feel of the version of this song. I must say, I like your version better than the version I heard on youtube... it's a lot warmer and instrumental acoustics always impress me.
The solo sounded a bit weird first time around, but after another listen it grew on me.
Your mixing skills are very good. And I assume your recording equipment is pretty good? Because the tone is making me all solemn inside, and that's a good thing.

Definitely a highly-regarded cover by me... this is awesome, and words cannot describe how much that tone is making me right now.

Dude, seriously 5/5 if I had to rate it. You covered all the bases in mixing, tone, aura, and feel. Great job!
Thanks a lot! The tone is coming from my Cole Clark FL2AC. Great guitar . I record with an MXL 990 and a 991 in stereo.

The solo is out of time, I've actually fixed it kinda. I might need to re-record it, but it seems okay now that I have made it start a little later. I'll re-upload it soon

Thanks a lot for the kind remarks
Quote by sashki
Quote by mooshoepork
Thanks a lot! The tone is coming from my Cole Clark FL2AC. Great guitar . I record with an MXL 990 and a 991 in stereo.

The solo is out of time, I've actually fixed it kinda. I might need to re-record it, but it seems okay now that I have made it start a little later. I'll re-upload it soon

Thanks a lot for the kind remarks

Message me and tell me about it when you get it up.

If this version is not the greatest yet, I can't imagine what the fixed one will be like.
Fixed it up a bit The solo is in time now.
Quote by sashki
I like this song! I listened to them play it on youtube so I could get a taste for what you were going for and you did magnificently. I really enjoyed listening to you. The guitar parts sounded perfect!
Your guitar's tone is really great for this song. The only thing I would suggest is mixing in that lead guitar so it fits better in the mix. Overall I think you did great and I'm now about to learn that song ahah.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
thanks for the replies

This is my first real go at mixing. I have only done one other song and that only had 2 guitars, this had about 10. I'll try and fit it in better, maybe lower the volume, give it some more bass or something.

I'm using adobe audition. I wish I knew an audio engineer who could look over it and give me some tips! Thanks! I should write up the tab for it.
Quote by sashki
Ill start by saying that I've never heard this song before, but that said I thought it was great. I dont think I could really find fault with a single note you played. My only suggestion would be to make the lead part stand out a little more or make it a little more up front, but thats really the only small fault i could find. Nice job
Thanks. I know what you mean about the lead part. It is okay during the first half, but when more guitars are introduced, it gets a little low in the mix. Thanks for pointing that out!
Quote by sashki
Well for starters, nice work on listening to The Vines I was quite impressed by their new album, especially this song, and you did an awesome cover of it! Of course a part of me wishes you included the vocals, but i respect the choice not to.

good job!
Thanks! Trust me. If you heard my voice. Oh lord.

I'd LOVE to put vocals in it, but I can't find anyone who could do it justice/ would do a collab.
Quote by sashki
First off thanks for commenting on mine. I remember listening to your stuff before. It's always great. I don't know this song, but your cover makes me want to look it up. The lead guitar seemed like it could have meshed a little better at first though. It sounds a lot better when the other parts come in with it. That's the only thing that I can complain about. Your guitar playing is always impressive.
Thanks I'll see if I can change something in the mix.
Quote by sashki
I really liked the tone of the guitar in all the recordings. You're right, there's a huge difference when you listen to the songs downloaded instead of streamed. Great job.