I would use it in the studio direct to the interface (no amp)

I cant find any in stores around the area to try one out for myself and so I just wanted to know if it was worth the price.
I play a bunch of different styles and so I need something versatile but not muddy when it comes to the distortion.

Being that I dont have any amp, would a ValveKing Royal 8 be a better choice (which would also save me some money...)?
Last edited by moody07747 at Aug 2, 2008,
well well. mister moody, out of his territory. i didn't think the day would come that you would ask for help.

ok. so you're looking for a good recording tone out of this pedal because you don't have an amp. am i correct?

now the Royal 8, by itself, is not what you're looking for. i'm guessing you'd want a tube distortion pedal for...distortion. the R8 doesn't have much gain at all on tap. so if you want something pretty versatile, well you're kind of screwed if you plan to use this amp dry.

you being you with all the knowledge and experience and what not. don't you have something to record with? or a lot of things?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Yea yea....I cant know everything about every subject LOL

I think the valve amp is what I should get. I can always run a few pedals into it for moe gain but from what I've heard on youtube it looks to have enough gain for my type of music. Keep in mind you never need a lot of gain when recording either so that's another + for this amp.

Right now im running digital pedals, the Yamaha Magicstomp and Digitech EX7 however I want to warm up my recordings a little more...and put my SM57 to use for once haha

Lack of distortion is no big loss for me, I just want a nice sounding amp which works well in the studio and I still think the Royal 8 is the way to go at this time.
Quote by moody07747
Yea yea....I cant know everything about every subject LOL

I think the valve amp is what I should get. I can always run a few pedals into it for moe gain but from what I've heard on youtube it looks to have enough gain for my type of music. Keep in mind you never need a lot of gain when recording either so that's another + for this amp.

Right now im running digital pedals, the Yamaha Magicstomp and Digitech EX7 however I want to warm up my recordings a little more...and put my SM57 to use for once haha

Lack of distortion is no big loss for me, I just want a nice sounding amp which works well in the studio and I still think the Royal 8 is the way to go at this time.

lol yeah. i just felt like picking on you. idk when i'll get the chance. haha.

well it seems like you have everything planned out. i personally, have not played the Royal 8 yet. but i've heard some bad reviews too. but then again, not that many people have played it as well. i think it should suit your needs fine.

lol. when all this is worked out tell me. i want to hear what you did.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by moody07747
I think im set on the 8, when I get it I'll do a Gear Review on it for the youtube page.

ok, cool. PM me.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo