whenever i put a disc into the drive in my computer there is no way for me to use it

like ill put in a cd to installsomething and then it just doesnt load and i go in through "my computer" and it doesnt even realize that the disc is in there

what do i do to fix my computer? its a dell with vista

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

buy a new CD drive?

$20

the things just seem to die :P

or if you've got some kind of warrant use that
reinstall vista
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
New driver.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by timzee117
whenever i put a disc into the drive in my computer there is no way for me to use it

like ill put in a cd to installsomething and then it just doesnt load and i go in through "my computer" and it doesnt even realize that the disc is in there

what do i do to fix my computer? its a dell with vista

1. Click Start, Run and type regedit.

2. Click "+" beside HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

3. Click "+" beside System.

4. Click "+" beside CurrentControlSet.

5. Click "+" beside Control.

6. Click "+" beside Class.

7. Click on the key {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.

8. Find the values on the right hand side screen "UpperFilters" and/or "LowerFilters".

9. Highlight and right-click on it. Select Delete and click OK to the warning message.

10. Perform the deletion of fiters procedure on the following registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet1\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\ControlSet2\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

11. From Registry menu, select Exit. Now, remove the entry for the CD device(s) in the Device Manager and then restart the system.

my dad had the same problem with his pc, this worked a charm