Ok so i plan on making a guitar out of **** i can get at pawn shops, swap meats or stuff i have lying around. piezo puck ups and volume and tone controls are easy i can make/get that easy.

Neck... Can i just use a rectangle pole of wood and go at it until it looks right, then sand it smooth? Pine is easy for me to get (of my grandad across the road)

Body. That might be harder... I will find a piece of wood big enough somehow though.

I can get tuning pegs and stuff easy enough.

Now where can i get measurements for fret spaces and stuff?
pine would be a bad idea for neck... find maple if possible.

google fret spacing, and look for some lutherie/wood suppliers in your area.
------

Shwiggity.
there are plenty of DIY guitar building sites. check those out
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I'm sorry, but this sounds like a horrible idea. Maybe buy a neck and make a body for it?
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by loonyguitarist
I'm sorry, but this sounds like a horrible idea. Maybe buy a neck and make a body for it?

I +1 your first sentence. You really need to get some quality materials if you're going to build a guitar, or it's gonna sound like ****. If you use a rugged pole of wood for the neck, it's going to be very hard to play, and the bottom line is that if you do it cheaply, you will get a very cheap guitar.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Why not salvage parts from all those places you mentioned and put together a half decent guitar?