So has anyone on UG tried out these SG models, or have had any experience with them? List the pros and cons of either please.

G-400 w/ Emg's:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-G400-with-EMG-8185?sku=519397

G-400 Deluxe:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-G400-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=512586

Thanks in advance
My Gear:

Epiphone LP-100
Fender Frontman 212R
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Digitech DF-7
Boss DS-1
Boss GT-6
Schecter Damien Special FR
Mine doesnt have emgs, but its a pretty good guitar. Id recommend it, but its neck heavy, which I hate but thats the only real con to it I can think of.
To me, at least thru a Valveking, the normal G-400 sounded pretty thin and trebly to me. The EMG model obviously has teh con of having EMG's, which from experiance, are great metal pickups, but not good for almost anything else.
G-400 w/ EMG's is for your metal needs but can also get really go cleans, hey that rhymes.

and the deluxe is for your classic rock needs and looks cooler.

Why do you need an SG when you have a Schecter Damien and an LP
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Quote by Bassmastajazzyj
G-400 w/ EMG's is for your metal needs but can also get really go cleans, hey that rhymes.

and the deluxe is for your classic rock needs and looks cooler.

Why do you need an SG when you have a Schecter Damien and an LP

Cause the LP 100 isn't very good
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
I have the deluxe. It sounds really good to me, but it is really neck heavy. At first it didn't bother me, but now it has really begun to get on my nerves. So much so that I went and got a different guitar and hardly ever play my epi anymore. It's just not as fun when you have to fight your guitar while you play it standing up.
Quote by what??
I have the deluxe. It sounds really good to me, but it is really neck heavy. At first it didn't bother me, but now it has really begun to get on my nerves. So much so that I went and got a different guitar and hardly ever play my epi anymore. It's just not as fun when you have to fight your guitar while you play it standing up.

+1

For the same reason, Ive been thinking about a Fender Mustang.
I highly recommend Epi g-400's
the whole neck heavy thing is easily fixed with a nice leather strap, I find it prevents the guitar from completely diving and therefore no issues result. If you're into metal, go for the one with EMG's, I've played a guitar with those (Zakk Wylde epi) and it does beautifully for searing tones. If rock is more your bag go for the deluxe or just the standard/vintage g-400. Comparing the 3 products, they're pretty much all the same, the deluxe just has better cosmetics for about 90 dollars more. They both have the same construction and pickups. Your best option is the g-400 vintage or the standard. I have a g-400 and it's held strong for almost 3 years now and shows no signs of giving in. I put some seymour duncans in place of the stock PU's but over all it's a great guitar. Go for it.
Quote by dustnbones316
I highly recommend Epi g-400's
the whole neck heavy thing is easily fixed with a nice leather strap, I find it prevents the guitar from completely diving and therefore no issues result. If you're into metal, go for the one with EMG's, I've played a guitar with those (Zakk Wylde epi) and it does beautifully for searing tones. If rock is more your bag go for the deluxe or just the standard/vintage g-400. Comparing the 3 products, they're pretty much all the same, the deluxe just has better cosmetics for about 90 dollars more. They both have the same construction and pickups. Your best option is the g-400 vintage or the standard. I have a g-400 and it's held strong for almost 3 years now and shows no signs of giving in. I put some seymour duncans in place of the stock PU's but over all it's a great guitar. Go for it.

I don't care how nice the strap is, the neck will still pull down and won't sit where it is most comfortable for me. I had the same theory, but instead of the strap slipping, it just pulled the shoulder of my t-shirt down to my chest.
Quote by what??
I don't care how nice the strap is, the neck will still pull down and won't sit where it is most comfortable for me. I had the same theory, but instead of the strap slipping, it just pulled the shoulder of my t-shirt down to my chest.

+1
move the strap button?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.