So, I own a MIM standard strat that I plan to mod. I stripped the whammy bar screw hole, so i plan on replacing the stock bridge with a 6-hole vintage bridge off Warmoth.com. I also plan to replace to tone knobs, which turn 360-degrees (would i also need to get a new pick guard if I did this too?)

Lastly, I Need new pickups. The choice for this mod is maybe Lance Sensor pickups, but i have minimal knowledge on this subject, so if you have any knowledge what so ever, please share with me

anyway, does it sound like all of these mods are possible and good choices?
Quote by hippieboy444
So, I own a MIM standard strat that I plan to mod. I stripped the whammy bar screw hole, so i plan on replacing the stock bridge with a 6-hole vintage bridge off Warmoth.com. I also plan to replace to tone knobs, which turn 360-degrees (would i also need to get a new pick guard if I did this too?)

Lastly, I Need new pickups. The choice for this mod is maybe Lance Sensor pickups, but i have minimal knowledge on this subject, so if you have any knowledge what so ever, please share with me

anyway, does it sound like all of these mods are possible and good choices?

the tone knobs themselves dont need replacing its the pots they're on that need replacing. get some 250k pots for that, and you dont need a new pickguard to change those. lace sensors are nice id go with either blue/silver/red set or the hot gold set.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
All of those mods sound doable, even tho i havent heard of tone knobs like that. Laces would be good, but i cant recommend a "color" for you. Fender SCN Noisless pickups would be good, too, but make sure you get good pickup for what you play.
The warmoth six hole doesn't fit man, I bought one for my MIM strat and the bridge is too wide for the mounting holes.
Gear: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (plus top)
Traynor YCV50 BLUE
Peavey Blazer
Zakk Wylde Signature Wah
EH Small Clone
MXR Distortion 3 (III)
Honestly, if you're gonna replace the bridge on that guitar, I'd get a Gotoh/Wilkinson VSVG or a VS100.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
For a top strat bridge, get a callaham one. They do ones with screw spacing for the mexicans too. They are the best strat bridges you can buy IMO.

And as for pickups, I replaced the stock p'ups in my MIM strat with a red/silver/blue lace sensor set, and now the sound is fantastic. The guitar is extremely versatile now and can handle all styles of music. While they don't sound totally vintage, they suit me perfrectly. I'll post the short review I wrote for someone in a minute.

EDIT:I find them extremely versatile. I have the above mentioned set. All pickups are really clear and clean sounding. The neck is really fabulous and smooth the bridge is edgy, the mid is strat like but warmer. Posisitions 2 and 4 are really strat sounding and provide good jimi type tones. When you begin to start using distortion the pickups just stay fantastic. I use them with a TS-808 tube screamer and a double muff and it sounds fantastic with both. Can get any tone I want. I love this set and they also look really sexy! No pole pieces FTW
Last edited by supergerbil at Aug 2, 2008,
Instead of replacing the bridge, have you thought about just replacing the saddles? Maybe something like the string saver GraphTech saddles.