Okay, so I'm looking into buying a laptop (a Macbook, if you must know), and was thinking about getting a relative to buy it while they're on a business trip to America, because it'll be a lot cheaper there. First thing I want to know is where in America is the best place for computers, preferably one with an online store so I can take a look.

And secondly, would it run on the same power supply as the UK if bought in America? I know it'll have a different socket, but our circuits run at a different current, will that be a problem?

Cheers guys.
I think the power supply that comes with Dells is smart enough to tell whether its on 230V or 120V

so I think the Apple dudes figured it out too

edit: the plug won't fit
edit2: it appears that just the plug part of the charger is interchangable, so get him to ask the folk at the store to give him a UK one?
edit3: I see you realised that in your post

edit addendum: http://store.apple.com/us/product/M8794G/B?fnode=home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/portable_gear&mco=MTUxOTQ
Last edited by seljer at Aug 2, 2008,
Quote by seljer
I think the power supply that comes with Dells is smart enough to tell whether its on 230V or 120V

so I think the Apple dudes figured it out too

edit: the plug won't fit
edit2: it appears that just the plug part of the charger is interchangable, so get him to ask the folk at the store to give him a UK one?
edit3: I see you realised that in your post

edit addendum: http://store.apple.com/us/product/M8794G/B?fnode=home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/portable_gear&mco=MTUxOTQ

Right, so I guess if you can get an adapter for it to be charged in the UK, then if should be just fine with a UK power supply.

So, back to the first question, any places (besides the Apple store) where I can buy one?
ebay?

in reality
the apple store

being all trendy and having a mac comes at a price

I figure they're not so stuck up and could give you just the UK one and not a socket adapter for every country in the world
dont forget their electrical system has those 2 pin things and ours has 3 so youd have to use an adaptor
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
Quote by XCount Me InX
dont forget their electrical system has those 2 pin things and ours has 3 so youd have to use an adaptor

I mentioned that in the first post, different sockets