I just started playing 12/07, I can play most of Jimi Hendrix music and some random other songs, I'm currently working on solos. Any tips?
Learn together? Seriously? What exactly do you want tips for? Shall we try to hold your hand, or do you think you can handle walking on your own? Keep working on the solos, develop different techniques, learn to use them in your solos.

And use the search bar.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
Guitar Pro
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Sorry I'm asking for some tips... from people right now to hear what all they did and how they learned
How I see it tabs show you what notes to play not HOW to play them. Logically group learning improves performance...
Quote by Guitar-Nation
How I see it tabs show you what notes to play not HOW to play them. Logically group learning improves performance...

That's why bassmastajazzyj suggested guitarpro. It not only shows you what notes to play, but has standard notation included, which transcribes rhythms through quarter notes, eighth notes etc.
Ok. If you don't know your pentatonic minor scale, learn it. There are plenty of lessons for it on this site. Try learning Jimi's Red House Solo, Eric Clapton's solo in Sunshine of your love (by cream), and Jimmy Page's Stairway to Heaven solo (by Led Zeppelin). These are all pentatonic solo's that will show you some of what the scale can be used for.

Be able to bend well, atleast two note's up, as low as lets say the 3rd fret. But if you can't get that yet thats fine. Be able to do hammer on's and pull offs pretty well. Instead of picking in all one direction when playing single note's, try alternating between up and down. If you want to be able to play fast, then practice with a metronome, and play the lick at the speed you can play it perfectly at. and then try moving it up slowly, you can take it down a step if you start having trouble.

Learning music theory is not necessary, but is very useful. There's a great sticky at the top of this forum. But don't forget to keep learning songs. Good luck!
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

Quote by mydogpoops
Ok. If you don't know your pentatonic minor scale, learn it. There are plenty of lessons for it on this site. Try learning Jimi's Red House Solo, Eric Clapton's solo in Sunshine of your love (by cream), and Jimmy Page's Stairway to Heaven solo (by Led Zeppelin). These are all pentatonic solo's that will show you some of what the scale can be used for.

Be able to bend well, atleast two note's up, as low as lets say the 3rd fret. But if you can't get that yet thats fine.
Be able to do hammer on's and pull offs pretty well. Instead of picking in all one direction when playing single note's, try alternating between up and down. If you want to be able to play fast, then practice with a metronome, and play the lick at the speed you can play it perfectly at. and then try moving it up slowly, you can take it down a step if you start having trouble.

Learning music theory is not necessary, but is very useful. There's a great sticky at the top of this forum. But don't forget to keep learning songs. Good luck!

I hope you don't mean steps...
Quote by Ssargentslayer
I hope you don't mean steps...

He said two notes up, meaning one step.