Basically when i put a jack into my input my pedal goes crazy and some made squeeling sound comes out of my amp. This has really peed me off because i went out in the knowledge behringer had a real bad reputation but 2 people said to me dont worry the pedals are fine its only their amps. Does anyone have any idea whats going on

Thanks
Make sure the pedal is off when you plug in your leads. This happens with the Danelectro Fish N' Chips.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
its definately off and when i turn its turned off it just goes slightly more quiet. The stupid thing is i got it 2 weeks ago.
Happened to me. Turn your amp off before you plug it in, it won't do it then.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Does the pedal actually say Behringer on it? Because if so the pedal may be trying to destroy itself in shame. I'd say get a new EQ pedal, try the Boss GEB-7 or any other good ones people can advise.
Quote by aaciseric
Does the pedal actually say Behringer on it? Because if so the pedal may be trying to destroy itself in shame. I'd say get a new EQ pedal, try the Boss GEB-7 or any other good ones people can advise.

lol, this has actually made me built up a huge hatred for behringer. I am skint at the moment so cant get a boss and i just cant see how this has messed up in 2 weeks.
Quote by Lil Macker
Happened to me. Turn your amp off before you plug it in, it won't do it then.

Yes thats done the trick after i took the lead out of the amp aswell, thanks a lot man (Y)
Quote by jewishfriend
Yes thats done the trick after i took the lead out of the amp aswell, thanks a lot man (Y)

Sorry for like posting 4 times in a row, but the eq has now just completely f8cked up, it still works but only if you pound the bass string real hard
Your friends got it mixed up, its the electronics side of behringer that is bad, the speakers are fairly reliable I think.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Make sure the pedal is off when you plug in your leads. This happens with the Danelectro Fish N' Chips.

what kind of effect is fish n' chips?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by slaptasticdave
what kind of effect is fish n' chips?

It's an EQ.

TS, it sounds like your EQ pedal is broken. Just bin it, it's really not worth fixing (as it's a Behringer)
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by ScottB.
Your friends got it mixed up, its the electronics side of behringer that is bad, the speakers are fairly reliable I think.

Wrong

All Behringer bass products blow ass chunks.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
Wrong

All Behringer bass products blow ass chunks.

No, their pro audio equipment is good on a budget. Their instrument gear blows ass chunks, as you so eloquently phrased it.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Ass chunk is chunky.

My mate had a dodgy Behringer Noise-Gate pedal, we returned it lol.