I was searching the web for a new guitar and I found this site:
http://www.indieguitars.com/
I specifically like the Indie Two Tones and the Indie Design Range
Aside from that, I'm also considering Heritage Guitars

What do you guys think of them? Are they a good buy?
If not, what do you recommend?

I prefer playing on a semi-hollow guitar.
Genres: indie rock, alternative, punk etc.
Budget: around $500
I have small hands so I would like something with a thinner neck. This will be the first guitar that I will buy. I borrowed all the guitars that I played in the past.

Thanks!
I usually hate making generalisations, but anything with 'Indie' in the title is almost always going to suck.
I've heard they're quite good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by Retro Rocker
I usually hate making generalisations, but anything with 'Indie' in the title is almost always going to suck.

agreed just like the indie people where i live, for people who try so hard to be different they all look the same
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by StealthyHayze
If you like thin necks try out a few ibby's with wizard necks.

correct me if I'm wrong but I think Ibby's are for metal, hard rock music right?
Quote by MaximumOverture
correct me if I'm wrong but I think Ibby's are for metal, hard rock music right?

not all of them. The Artcore Series are semihollow, and the ART and ARX are similar to LP style guitars. The SZR are also good for that type of thing, as are hardtail RG's (provided they're mahogany).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you want a Heritage, and you can afford it, you should get one. They sound and look awesome. I've never played one, though.

I can vouch for the Ibanez Artcore series, though. They're great guitars.
I checked out the Ibanez Artcore series.
I just want to ask what is the difference between the Artcore AS70 series and AS90 series? is the additional $100-$200 for the AS90 worth it? The AJD Series also looks great however, I cannot find them in Guitar Center and Musicians Friend.
the 90 has figured maple sides/top, gold hardware, and nicer inlays so it will look nicer, and the 70 is plain maple and has fewer cosmetic features.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Thanks for that!
By the way, my friend tells me to check out Epiphone Dot instead. Are they better options than Ibanez Artcore?
Quote by MaximumOverture
Thanks for that!
By the way, my friend tells me to check out Epiphone Dot instead. Are they better options than Ibanez Artcore?

No
i've tried them, i wasn't too impressed with them though, they just didn't feel very good
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.
Quote by bikerboyjosh
i've tried them, i wasn't too impressed with them though, they just didn't feel very good

Can I ask why?
Quote by MaximumOverture
Can I ask why?

I can tell you one thing, very thick necks, very.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
Quote by camotehead
why settle for Artcore or Dot? A Gretsch Electromatic is way better/

They costs about $100 more compared to the Artcore and Dot. Is the additional price justifiable?
the Gretsch has better tone compared to the two and it can be equipped w/ TV Jones pick-ups for future upgrades.
Quote by camotehead
the Gretsch has better tone compared to the two and it can be equipped w/ TV Jones pick-ups for future upgrades.

yes, but the Epiphone/Ibanez guitars have standard H/B routes, therefore any standard humbucker can be used in them.
TS, just so you know, the Epiphone Dot is semi-hollow and the Ibanez Artcore series are fully hollow.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
The guitarist / vocalist in my band has an Indie guitar, Telecaster fashion. Decent guitar, sounds pretty good and is built to a half decent standard. My only problem is that it's just very by-the-numbers. The looks are okay, the tone was good but nothing truly desirable (IMO) and the feel was alright. I wouldn't buy one but that doesn't mean I hate the brand.
Quote by oneblackened
yes, but the Epiphone/Ibanez guitars have standard H/B routes, therefore any standard humbucker can be used in them.
TS, just so you know, the Epiphone Dot is semi-hollow and the Ibanez Artcore series are fully hollow.

I just checked their website.
They both have semi-hollow and hollow ones.
Hollow Custom:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_series.php?series_id=67&area_id=4&year=2008&cat_id=1

Semi-Hollow Custom:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_series.php?series_id=71&area_id=4&year=2008&cat_id=1
Quote by Mwoit
The guitarist / vocalist in my band has an Indie guitar, Telecaster fashion. Decent guitar, sounds pretty good and is built to a half decent standard. My only problem is that it's just very by-the-numbers. The looks are okay, the tone was good but nothing truly desirable (IMO) and the feel was alright. I wouldn't buy one but that doesn't mean I hate the brand.

yeah, that's more or less the impression i got with the few i tried. nothing wrong with them, just kinda generic, i guess. EDIT: not too fond of the looks either, but obviously that wouldn't matter were it a really nice guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?