Okay, so basically this is what I want my pickup configuration to look like on my American Strat:
Neck: Fender Custom Shop Fat '50's Strat Pickup
Middle: Fender Custom Shop '69 Strat Pickup
Bridge: Seymour Duncan SSL-5 Strat Pickup

Now, the good news is that Seymour Duncan sells the SSL-5 as 1 pickup
Bad news: Fender sells the fat 50's pickups AND the '69 pickups as a set of three.

This is not too convenient for me as obviously, I only want one pickup from each Fender Pickup set.
I haven't been able to find the singular pickups online selling just by themselves, so in order for me to get all the pickups I want, I would need roughly $460.00 just for the pickups, and four of them I wouldn't even use...

Anyways, do you guys know how I could maybe pull this off? Any suggestions?

Thanks guys.
-David
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
Why do you want those specific pickups? Any particular reason or do you just like the sound of the descriptions....because I guarantee there'll be better, cheaper options out there for you.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Sorry, I just need this configuration, if it's absolutely positively impossible to do, then just tell me, and then I'll just save up and spend the money I need to.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
And yes, I have heard these pickups, and the sound and variety of tones is absolutely angelic, I had an epiphany when I heard this setup.
Last edited by Dave Gilmour at Aug 2, 2008,
...so basically, you want the pickups from the David Gilmour strat--for one you're probably going to make yourself.

I'd say don't worry about the Fat 50s, man. if you want to go for it, pick either the CS69 set or the CS54 set, use the neck and middle (and sell the bridge) and get an SSL. Gilmour doesn't usually use the middle, so I don't think it'll matter if that's right on. The 50s fat is a brighter '54, according to gilmourish, so I mean. If you're willing to settle, you should be fine.
If you don't want to do that, you can probably commission the Seymour Duncan custom shop at $100 a pickup for pickups like his.

Also: You might sometimes be able to catch single pickups out of a set on ebay once in a while, keep your eyes open.
Ya I was thinking about just buying a set of fat 50's or 69's
and then ssl-5ing the bridge.
Thanks for the good advice.
No problem.

Gilmour's black strat has late 60s pickups in the neck and middle, and an over-wound SSL-1 in the bridge (so something like an SSL-5), so if you stick with the 69s and an SSL-5, you should be OK.