What do you guys do when you come across a song that requires the 24th fret and you only have 22 on your guitar?

I know you can do a super big bend on the 22nd but if the song is doing a super big bend on the 24th it won't really work
push the string that hard it touches the pup.... the pup is usually located where the 24 fret should be.... however it worked with my guitar

edit:
Quote by bass_monkey
use the same note but on a differant fret

what if it's the e string?
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Quote by Serjem
push the string that hard it touches the pup.... the pup is usually located where the 24 fret should be.... however it worked with my guitar

edit:

what if it's the e string?

Then I'd play it an octave lower, whaddaya gonna do?
"Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
you can do a harmonic on the 5th fret to get the same note you would on the 24th fret of that string- on my les paul the bolts of the neck pup are located were the 24th fret should be, so you can do a harmonic there too if you own a les paul.. if you dont just experiment until you find it.. you can also try what Serjem said or play the 22nd fret, bend it, then try to bend the neck with the other hand XD or if you have a whammy bar that may help aswell :P

hope that helped
bend...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Re-write the end of the solo. That's what I'd do.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Instead of doing a full bend at 24th fret, do a 17th fret B string bend, and use a pinch harmonic an octave higher.

If you need to hit 24 for one note, then just natural harmonic over where the 24th fret would be.