Seeing the Flight of the Bumblebee thread made me think. When someone puts some really cool video of a guy playing technical guitar a lot of people go "ZOMG, too fast it has no emotion" "it leaves me cold" and all that BS. Emotion in music and the way we get it is completely subjective, hell I could cry while listening white noise.

But I want to ask you, could you please list some slow, emotionless music? just to see if people are hating because of the speed factor or the so called "emotionless" part of the music.
I hate people who think shred sucks because it has no 'emotion'. There's more to emotion than blues guys playing one note every 4 seconds and making silly faces. Maybe shredders/metalheads try to convey anger in their songwriting?

EDIT: Emotionless? Sorry, didn't read the question properly. Check out Boris, they're 'drone metal'.
Quote by Tom_hatton
I hate people who think shred sucks because it has no 'emotion'. There's more to emotion than blues guys playing one note every 4 seconds and making silly faces. Maybe shredders/metalheads try to convey anger in their songwriting?

EDIT: Emotionless? Sorry, didn't read the question properly. Check out Boris, they're 'drone metal'.

I actually like drone and noise, it gets me all trippy.
panic at the disco
Quote by mitchells_mom
I totally agree with LegionsOfDeath

Quote by Ovenman
Photoshop is for n00bs. Real men use MS paint.

tr00f
ummm can music be emotionless? ... rave and techno/house.. (whatever... it's all the same) there's no emotion...

oh wait... that's not music at all
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
there's no such thing as emotionless music regardless of what my sig says.

EDIT: actually no. all music itself is emotionless however people can perceive emotion in anything, even random noise. how else do you explain people's interest in Hendrix's Live shows
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Aug 2, 2008,
type in when at youtube:

Nederland hardcore

watch some videos and laugh at a failed attempt to make music.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
seeing drone stuff live is anything but emotionless
for some reason...
Quote by LegionsOfDeath
panic at the disco

i hear you dont like them... if its emotionless then why people become ´Emo´ because of them, Emo =Emotional

you = fail
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
All music is driven by emotion.

Quote by Henkdemachtige
i hear you dont like them... if its emotionless then why people become ´Emo´ because of them, Emo =Emotional

you = fail

Wrong, emo=emotive hardcore.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by Henkdemachtige

you = fail

emo=emotive hardcore IIRC.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
still.... that guy fails as PATD is the opposite of emtionless music.
Quote by Holy Katana

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
If you're actually trying to limit how fast or slow you play because you're worried about what kind of "emotion" people will think you're showing then you aren't playing with "emotion" in the first place. Learn as much as you can so you have as many tools at your disposal as possible and then play what you want, rather than getting caught up in "oh noes iz i playz 2 fas lol."
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
If you're actually trying to limit how fast or slow you play because you're worried about what kind of "emotion" people will think you're showing then you aren't playing with "emotion" in the first place. Learn as much as you can so you have as many tools at your disposal as possible and then play what you want, rather than getting caught up in "oh noes iz i playz 2 fas lol."

Listen to this guy people, as for now his name will be prenounced as: GOD.
Quote by Holy Katana

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Henkdemachtige
still.... that guy fails as PATD is the opposite of emtionless music.

i know they are emo

but theres no emotion
Quote by mitchells_mom
I totally agree with LegionsOfDeath

Quote by Ovenman
Photoshop is for n00bs. Real men use MS paint.

tr00f
emotionless music to me is people that sing songs or play music that do not invoke emotions in themselves. lets be fair, i doubt shredders really care how i feel. but when i see a pop act singing a song that was handed to them by their record label, that's when i begin to wonder.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
All music is emotional. It's just that music has traditionly been about being sad and what not so people assume that is emotional music.

Every music genre has an emotion with it.
apparently people get the feeling some guitarist rocks when ripping his fretboard apart, also people tend to kick when improvising on the 15th fret and higher.

SO.. yeah alot of people call that music, music with alot of emotion. I am not refering it sucks, i just say that is not music with emotion.
Quote by Holy Katana

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Henkdemachtige
Listen to this guy people, as for now his name will be prenounced as: GOD.

Thanks man, but if I really were God we would all be screwed
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox

You are 100% right, I am just pissy about people going in the "No emotion" bandwagon.

I think music has no emotion. There is no such thing as music, just noise I like.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
there's no such thing as emotionless music regardless of what my sig says.

EDIT: actually no. all music itself is emotionless however people can perceive emotion in anything, even random noise. how else do you explain people's interest in Hendrix's Live shows
Winner. This is the truth. This isn't even really a topic to debate, that's all there is to it. Think about it, we use emotions to describe all sorts of things, it's how we empathize, relate, basically how we survive. So, yeah, you can "feel emotion" in just about anything, although some styles of music may be more universal when it comes to relating to a certain emotion.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Thanks man, but if I really were God we would all be screwed

LOL, i just almost pissed my pants

Quote by watchingmefall
You are 100% I am just pissy about people going in the "No emotion" bandwagon.

I think music has no emotion. There is no such thing as music, just noise I like.

if you really think about that stuff, you are right. Music is just a name for noise people listen to, and that noise called music is divided in subgroups called genre´s. And to be honest, i HATE genre´s. People tend to say that band/person sucks because he makes *Insert Genre* music.
Quote by Holy Katana

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Tom_hatton

Should show them petrucci
no such thing as music without emotion, except new age rap of course...
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
if we talk about rap this topic is done. All of them goez liek.

Yo, rimzz n bitches! cashzz ho´s am a ****** an go wit that flow. YO
Quote by Holy Katana

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
I find cannibal corpse music pretty dull, I have one song of them in my ipod and that's enogh to know them from heads to toe, their music is like the same always
second thoughts, i should be rappinng

OMFG WHERE IS EDIT?
Quote by Holy Katana

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
old school rap stood for something, now its all about being over the top and making money
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by Tom_hatton

+1000000 Finally someone agrees with me! God I ****ing hate the blues. *flameshield*
Quote by lateraluspiral
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS53zy-DPF8

Sunn O))) isnt music

nah theyre okay, just boring as fuck. i dont mind minimalist music, but c'mon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzCR6HChvIc&feature=related

Even sped up they're slow as hell.
Quote by Serjem
ummm can music be emotionless? ... rave and techno/house.. (whatever... it's all the same) there's no emotion...

oh wait... that's not music at all

yes music can be emotionless. brian eno, steve reich, merzbow, ryoji ikeda anyone?
being emotionless doesn't make it any less awesome