ok i play a squier strat affinity series on a fender 15g amp. i play rhcp and music like that. how do i get the best tone? change my strings? amp? new guitar? pickups? suggestions on brands or types of strings, amps, pickups would be helpful!! thanx
i agree with them. a new amp would be a huge improvement. for a small, all-tube rig on a budget that'll sound good doing Chili Peppers-type stuff, check into the Peavey Classic 30, and the Epiphone Valve Jr head and cab.
Quote by Ghold125
new amp
/thread

Seriously, amp is by far the most important piece of equipment to your tone, followed by the guitar and then the pickups.
ok thanx guys!!! i was kinda torn on which amp tho. i was considering the vox ad30 vt. i like the vox cuz it has built in effects and since im a noob i enjoy the little things like phasers n flangers n reverb n all that junk. anything good for around 300 bucks? after all i am a poor starving college student. hahaha
You can get some good sounds with that amp as long as its EQ'd right. If you can afford to buy a new amp go for it, if not invest in a multi effects pedal.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
alright thanx to everybody!!! UG has helped so much thanx to nice people like you who posted and really helped me out. thanx again!!!!
Quote by whiteraven119
/thread

Seriously, amp is by far the most important piece of equipment to your tone, followed by the guitar and then the pickups.

Completely wrong dude.
It goes Fingers>Amp>Guitar>hardware.

Anyone can make an amp sound good with the right fingers.

TS, if you do feel you need a change of equipment, look into amps.
Signatures are overrated.
Get an amp
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots