i've been playing for like 3 years or something, i'm not really sure, and for most of it i've had this piece of **** ibanez grg170dx, i hate it with a passion, but it's all i have. i play many many kinds of music, and my price range is up to 800$. the "gear" i have now is not even worth mentioning, just an amp i got in a pack with my first guitar. i really don't have much, and i need some new **** or i'm gonna go crazy. i was thinking of a strat, or a schecter c-1 classic, but if i could get some input it'd be greatly appreciated.
go to the store and play everything, it is the only way you can find out what you want.
everyone on the internet is gonna be like "fender sucks buy schecter!" or "buy esp, epi sucks" or whatever. they are all idiots though, cause realistically when you are paying that much you will get a decent instrument regardless, 2 of the exact same guitar can feel entirely different. so stop wasting time on the internet and go to the store
ska, metal, rock in general. i guess not that many KINDS, just a lot of different sounds. sublime, rhcp, lamb of god, in flames, blind melon, etc.
haha, thanks for that, i forgot that i'm actually near a guitar center now. i just moved from a place with absolutely nothing having to do with music within fifty miles. yeah i'll check that out, i'm going there today for some strings anyway. thanks a lot.
Give me a moment to call my lawyer.

EDIT: so this isn't spam... check out some Ibanez guitars if you plan on playing lots of metal. Otherwise, just go for an epi LP or something like that.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
It sounds like you play Metal, and modern rock, my favorite guitar for this would be a shector but also my PRS can play everything pretty well, and the epiphone prophecy is supposed to be a great line of guitars.
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Quote by broken fusion!
go to the store and play everything, it is the only way you can find out what you want.
everyone on the internet is gonna be like "fender sucks buy schecter!" or "buy esp, epi sucks" or whatever. they are all idiots though, cause realistically when you are paying that much you will get a decent instrument regardless, 2 of the exact same guitar can feel entirely different. so stop wasting time on the internet and go to the store

he's quite right. No matter what brand (well, almost) there's a guitar with the mojo. That's what you'd want to get your hands on.

Buying online won't be so bad if you buy from a dealer who weeds out the bads out of the batch. Sweetwater's supposed to do that.
Schecter c1+ is probably the best guitar I have ever played for 600$
Probably one of the nicest guitars I have ever played period.

Very versatile pick-ups, amazing neck, beautiful and not expensive.
The Schecter C-1+ will probably do you the best. Either that or the C-1 Classic.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Get an Ibanez RG2EX1. Then buy a used tube amp.
Gear

93 Jackson Dinky Professional Reverse
98 Jackson Kelly KE3

Peavey Bandit 112
Custom 2x10 cab w/Bugeras
Quote by Snake™
The Schecter C-1+ will probably do you the best. Either that or the C-1 Classic.

The only thing about the Classic is that it is more of a jazz/blues guitar.
It has a beautiful neck inlay though!
Quote by shredforbread33
Get an Ibanez RG2EX1. Then buy a used tube amp.

Something along these lines. However, I wouldn't suggest that guitar.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-HSS-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=516039

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-112-Combo-Amp?sku=481442

This combination will be able to do everything you need.
Dickless.
thanks a lot guys, i think i'm gonna run up to that guitar center up the street and check some stuff out.