Okay, so last christmas i got a new guitar, which is my fender FSR strat deluxe with the vintage noiseless samarium cobalt pickups and gold hardware, there ae only 100 of them, and they have all been sold.
the list price was $800 i believe, but it was on sale for $600.
my budget was $800
I didnt like metal at the time, but i really like it now.
before that i was gonna get a tc-90 thinline tele.
i play mostly classic rock, like jimi hendrix, led zeppelin, guns n roses, and van halen.
and i sofar can play like 10 metallica songs, who i have just really gotten into.
should i have gotten a different guitar?
a gibson sg?
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Well if at the time you didn't know you were gonna be into metal so much, and only classic rock/blues stuff, then you got the perfect guitar. Just buy a second guitar for metal and stuff, something with humbuckers.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
No, you got a great guitar that works well for all the other stuff you play.

Just try out some metal guitars and see what you like, and maybe save for another guitar for heavier music, and metal.
just try playing metal with the guitar you have.
you might like the tone.
generally there is no right or wrong guitar to play for a certian genre of music.
you can always get a kickass pickup to put it in......wait dont do that since its only one in a 100
Quote by caskettheclown
just try playing metal with the guitar you have.
you might like the tone.
generally there is no right or wrong guitar to play for a certian genre of music.
you can always get a kickass pickup to put it in......wait dont do that since its only one in a 100

+1 on that 1 bro you can get any music you like just change the bridge pickup for a hotrail or jb junior there pretty good and just change the settings on the amp ohhh and i wanna see some pics of that getar
Quote by Bamitchell
So you have possible wang cancer and your on drugs? PWNT.

"Money Can't Buy Life" - Bob Marley
Strats will work for stuff like metallica, it's when you get into stuff like cannibal corpse where there no tone and just distortion where your going to have trouble.

Your strat is fine, if you like it, make it work.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120