I need to get a new bridge humbucker, that will work for stuff like Between the Buried And Me, Muse, Megadeth, Nirvana, etc. I need something that can do really heavy stuff, and then go back to kinda grungy. Not too bothered on price, but it needs to be passive.
How about a duncan custom, distortion, or a JB?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by ticklemeemo
I'd like to have a bridge pickup that isn't muddy in the high register, or bland in the low register. It's more a quality upgrade than a tonal upgrade.

I'd say a Duncan JB or Distortion in the bridge or a Dimarzio PAF Pro or Super distortion.
EDIT: wait, you have a frontman. Yeah, uh, replace that. Now. (I have one, it sucks)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
save up for a new amp first. it will have a greater efffect on your tone. but if you would still insist on buying pickups, Duncan JB or Custom would suit you. if you want Dimarzios, get a Drop Sonic.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by ticklemeemo
I'd like to have a bridge pickup that isn't muddy in the high register, or bland in the low register. It's more a quality upgrade than a tonal upgrade.

Like people have said, those are symptoms of your amp, not your pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com