I've just bought a SG style body, and obviously need to buy a neck for it. I've been particularly interested in a Strat style neck.

However the neck pocket on my SG is 30mm (1 3/16") and the standard neck heel depth of a fender neck is 25mm.

So I have a couple of choices:-

- Build my own strat style neck with a 30mm heel depth.
- Pack the neck between the heel and the pocket? (Is this even possible? Can anyone recommend doing this?)
- Miraculously find a custom built strat style neck with a 30mm depth for sale.
- Bite the bullet and get a gibson neck.
Neck Shims come to mind first, but no clue if that would work.

And to be honest, that may look just a tad weird. I've never seen an SG with a 6 in line headstock.
Your guitar though, if you sort it out, pictures!
Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

Scale length may be an issue, if the body is 24 3/4" scale length with a standard strat neck. You can get gibson scale length strat necks though...

And strats are bolt on whereas sg's are set necks. Bear that in mind...
im not a luthier or nothing but u could try cutting a piece of wood to make up for the difference on the neck and glue it then sand ? just thought i throw my 2 cents in there
Alot depends on who made the body. A warmoth body is made to use strat necks. But an epi SG body will be hard to make compatable with a strat Im thinking. I know the bolt neck on 1 of my epi LPs is no where near the same as a strat. A thick shim between the body and neck heel might give it to much flex under string tension.