I'm not a nice guy
21 19%
I'm a girl, and like nice guys
6 5%
I'm a girl, and don't like nice guys
3 3%
Voters: 110.
Page 1 of 2
I think this is a very broad topic that has much more room for discussion than previous threads have contained.

I also think this list, posted below, is something every guy should have the chance to see. After reading the list, it changed the way I see the relationship world.

The Point: Do you think you are the kind of person that falls under the category of "nice guy", and what do you think of the list posted below?

And for all you ladies on the pit, please feel free to tell us what you think about this topic, we'd all be glad to hear a ladies point of view.

Here it is;

Discuss.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
I'm ****ing lovely I am

edit: But then again I don't see all the bull**** you posted as a 'nice guy' thing

To me a 'nice guy' is literally explained in the name...a guy...who is nice...!
accordingly to your list I'm not a nice guy, however I do consider myself as one
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm ****ing lovely I am

edit: But then again I don't see all the bull**** you posted as a 'nice guy' thing

To me a 'nice guy' is literally explained in the name...a guy...who is nice...!

Honestly, the two tend to go hand in hand.

Reality isn't black and white, honestly... as the chart suggests. But the fact remains that the chart.. is just that, fact.
-Jim Morrison
Looks like im a real man, which makes sense cause those are honetsly all the things i do.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Reality isn't black and white, honestly... as the chart suggests. But the fact remains that the chart.. is just that, fact.

So all 'nice guys' are unattractive guys with low self esteem who crave attention all the time?

Makes perfect sense
I'm a bit of both, but I'd say that overall I'm a nice guy.
Rob Schneider is... Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb! Rated PG-13.
Quote by AvengedThrice
True that. True that.
Methinks you pwned the thread dude.

Member number 8 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Starscream
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
I'm pretty much all of the stuff in the nice guy description.
I love Cheezy Poofs, you love Cheezy Poofs,
If we didn't eat Cheezy Poofs, We'd be lame!

WHY SO SERIOUS SON!?
Wow according to that first list I must be a complete dickhead , good to know.

I read the whole thing and apparently i'm neither 'Nice' or a 'Real Man', very comforting.
Last edited by aaciseric at Aug 2, 2008,
Quote by GiantRaven
So all 'nice guys' are unattractive guys with low self esteem who crave attention all the time?

Makes perfect sense

No actually, you're just trying to justify your own insecurities.

The fact remains that what the chart describes as "nice guys" are unattractive to all women at the heart; all women want the strong mate that has the characteristics of the "real man" in that list.

And when I say "unattractive" i mean that nice guys have a real hard time getting women to fall for them. But they have no problems getting into the "friend zone" because the girls need someone to talk to, after all, without having the real men think less of them and tell them things they don't want to hear.
-Jim Morrison
i'm not that list of "nice guy" but I'm nice, polite and charming, so therefore a nice guy.

edit: who likes an attention craving person with low self esteem, sure the people are normally ok, but they're antics get annyoing quickly
I think this list is just a sort of ego type thing.

Some of the points on both sides don't make sense
(According to this list, the nice guy would be extremely loyal (after all, it is making him out to be a submissive servant), yet it is the real guy side that has loyal as a point. Little things like that)
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I didn't read the whole post before voting.

I guess I'm a ' real man ' even though I think the ' real man ' description should be under ' nice guy '.
Quote by civildp1
It's not rocket surgery.
Quote by Kensai
That was so hot my penis exploded.
Quote by killthekingx
I **ing hate Opeth. They make every other band I know look bad.

Quote by beckyjc
some cockwanks just wan to throw 5 stars at her because she has a vag
I'm a "real man" but I have a few qualities from the nice guy list. I think a whole lot of the items can be consolidated into just being yourself. I can be a really, really weird person when I'm myself, but I never get embarrassed about it. It's almost impossible to embarrass me lol. So I think people pick up on that and become comfortable with just ME more quickly.
We're only strays.
Honestly, that list is stupid. When they say nice guy, they basically mean "push over". You can be a nice guy and still get laid. The world isn't so divided between asshole jocks and shy geeks. You can be a nice guy, but be charasmatic, funny, interesting, and appealing and get massive amounts of poon. You just need to be sure of yourself and when to make moves. "Nice guy" is such a broad term thats been inserted into pop culture. Girls want someone who isn't afraid to make a move, take a risk, or take charge. More often than not, it is the cocky shmucks that do this, which is why they get most of the girls. The "nice guys" tend to be shy, timid, and afraid of rejection and spend all their time overanalyzing what the girl is thinking about them which in effect causes them to never make a move. And girls who would once be interested in that guy will no longer be because he doesn't have the confidence to take the initiative.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
I have traits of both? So...i'm...erm, Mr.Neutrality? *head explodes*
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by trey-col89
Honestly, that list is stupid. When they say nice guy, they basically mean "push over". You can be a nice guy and still get laid. The world isn't so divided between asshole jocks and shy geeks. You can be a nice guy, but be charasmatic, funny, interesting, and appealing and get massive amounts of poon. You just need to be sure of yourself and when to make moves. "Nice guy" is such a broad term thats been inserted into pop culture. Girls want someone who isn't afraid to make a move, take a risk, or take charge. More often than not, it is the cocky shmucks that do this, which is why they get most of the girls. The "nice guys" tend to be shy, timid, and afraid of rejection and spend all their time overanalyzing what the girl is thinking about them which in effect causes them to never make a move. And girls who would once be interested in that guy will no longer be because he doesn't have the confidence to take the initiative.

Let's be honest... you fit into the nice guy list, didn't you? It's okay.
We're only strays.
So either you're a real man or you're nice? so there's no such thing as a bad guy.
The description of a "Nice Guy" you posted is not a description of a "Nice Guy" at all. That is the description of Frank Burns. It's the description of a pandering weasel that would sell his mother for a blow job. It's the description of a weak minded twat. It's the description of an asskissing leach that has absolutely no room on this planet. That is not a "Nice Guy".
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Let's be honest... you fit into the nice guy list, didn't you? It's okay.

I guess what I said went over your head mate, its alright, when you're older you'll understand.
*Official Deadhead*

The times they are a-changin'
Ugh... apparently, I'm mostly a nice guy.

EDIT: a "nice guy", I mean.
Quote by Rengori
It's not like the mods ever get mad at you for going around fucking swear filter.
Last edited by Almost-Antix at Aug 2, 2008,
That huge block of text you posted doesn't make sence. How can somebody have low self esteem and think low of themselvs and think that there better than other people?

Oh an some girls like guys who can look after them, some like soft guys they know they can trust.

I'd say I'm a nice guy, but not the 'nice guy' portraid in that paragraph. Because I respect girlfriends and give them their own space but I also like to be there to protect them.
I don't consider myself a "nice guy", but these lists are completel bullshit.

What do insecurities and being clingy have to do with being kind? Nothing.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
The Nice Guy doesn't sound so nice.

I'm not a "liberal" if thats what its asking though, I have Jesus.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
ive gotten a bit better, i am still really nervous around women, feel guilty for staring at womens asses, and i suck at making eye contact and ****, but i realize that i am almost fully responsible for my lonliness and that im not the victim of a cruel world and all that **** i used to think. i am also pretty loyal to people and i dont make people feel guilty for stupid **** anymore. also i dont invest all my emotions into a relationship early on, the one girlfriend i had broke up with me a week into it and i felt kidn of bad for like an hour or 2 but after that i didnt care because i barley got to know her and stuff, she tried to talk to me a few days after and i gave her the finger.

"nice guys will go through life in a constant state of self deception" i want to crack that guys skull with a crowbar for writing that bull****, there is ALWAYS room for change, you can always change your social habits and behavior and anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete ****ing moron.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
This has been posted before and the consensus reached was that the "nice guy" there is actually a pussy and the "real man" is the average man, and that a very small percentage of men actually fits PERFECTLY into one of the two categories.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
[quote="'']

I'd say I'm a nice guy, but not the 'nice guy' portraid in that paragraph. Because I respect girlfriends and give them their own space but I also like to be there to protect them.

+1.
Quote by Rengori
It's not like the mods ever get mad at you for going around fucking swear filter.
Quote by cubedeathk
The Nice Guy doesn't sound so nice.

I'm not a "liberal" if thats what its asking though, I have Jesus.

I'm a nice guy. When I meet somebody with all the attributes from that nice guy list I let them know what a waste of flesh they are. But hey I'm nice like that.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Also, what does putting your hands in your pockets have to do with being a douchebag?
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Also, what does putting your hands in your pockets have to do with being a douchebag?

Hands in pockets, folded arms, scrunched over... all kinda go together with posture that shows insecurity.

The ideal posture of confidence is chest out, arms at sides comfortably.

Its physchology dude.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by BringMeTheCalm

I have no idea. I think trying to put your hands in other peoples pockets might qualify you as one.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I don't really fit in that.

I have low self-esteem and never get anywhere with women, yes. Sometimes if I do get involved with a woman at all I can be a little too clingy, yes. However, I don't blame all my problems on uncontrollable circumstances, nor do I crave attention 24/7.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Well guys, we still have two votes from women that claim they do not like nice guys.

The chart is accurate thus far.
-Jim Morrison
I just realised something. Look at a) for the "nice guy". If his behaviour comes from past experiences or trauma, then this list basically screams "You're not only a douchebag that nobody likes, but it's also permanent and there's nothing you can do about it. BUUUURN!!!".
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
I wonder how many read the descriptions prior to voting.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by SlinkyBlue
Hands in pockets, folded arms, scrunched over... all kinda go together with posture that shows insecurity.

The ideal posture of confidence is chest out, arms at sides comfortably.

Its physchology dude.

What is physchology?
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Page 1 of 2