Not anywhere within the near future (at least not until around next summer), i was thinking about purchasing new pickups for my Peavey.

I was thinking about getting a P90 (humbucker size) in the bridge, and a couple of nice single coils for the middle and neck.

Would this be worth the $200+ I'd probably pay for all these pickups, and to get them installed, or is the wood quality, bridge quality and tuner quality too poor for it to be a decent sounding guitar?

P90 Humbucker (but for the Bridge instead of neck same price):
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson-P94R-Neck-Pickup-306914-i1128111.gc
Last edited by dragon1604 at Aug 2, 2008,
what amp do you have? what kind of music do you play? whats your budget?
btw, Gibson pups are overpriced and overrated, the SD phat cat or the GFS mean/dream 90 would be a better deal
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Oh, sorry for being vague.

I play through a Fender Blues Junior, and for my primary guitar I'm currently using an Epiphone Les Paul Custom (figured I'd brag)

My budget is about $300, and I play indie rock with the likes of: Modest Mouse, The Weakerthans.

Just think of a shimmering clean tone, but when dirty it can make you want to punch down walls, but it's also articulate... yeah...
I used to have a Peavey Raptor EXP.. mine sucked horribly, if yours is the same as mine was, I would burn it as quickly as possible! or sell it on ebay. but thats just me.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"