Ok, well,this friend of mine is getting rid of his Boss Noise Suppressor (NS-2? something like that) and an boss (I think) EQ pedal. Now, as far as I know, they are all guitar pedals (he's not a bassist in any way).

I was wondering what was usable for the bass? I ASSUME the EQ wont work, as the frequencies for a guitar are much higher than bass. If that does work, what difference will it make? I think it's 9-band, but I wonder what the point of having that is, if I have my amp set up. I would think for minor adjustments. Right?

For the Noise Suppressor, it should work fine, I'd assume for bass.

Just wondering if it's worth buying ($50 Can. each)

Thanks
what I gather from that is that the EQ wont work, but the noise suppressor will.
Thats what I thought, thanks
They're worth the money, but I don't know if they'd work on bass.
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Martin DC-16RE Premium

Fender Snakeskin Champ 12
Well, I DO play guitar, but barely anymore, I've completely focused on the bass.

Either way, I think I'll grab the noise suppressor. Anything else is a waste of money, although it's good stuff.

So far, I figure my rig doesn't really need effects. I like straightforward rocking.
Quote by LeperMessiah_
Well, I DO play guitar, but barely anymore, I've completely focused on the bass.

Either way, I think I'll grab the noise suppressor. Anything else is a waste of money, although it's good stuff.

So far, I figure my rig doesn't really need effects. I like straightforward rocking.

Ahh, but then you find effects that become part of your basic tone. I run a slight overdrive almost all the time, a lot of people use compressors etc.

The effect GAS is a force to be afraid of (I've spent more on effects than on my amp ).
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I prefer an organic tone. As much as I love my delay/chorus/wah/od/fuzz pedals, they aren't really needed. I play mostly metal/rock (not crap metal, I mean Iron Maiden et. al. NWOBHM bands in general).

When I was heavily into prog I'd hook up my chorus, delay, dist and wah, and make myself fly through space. That's the only time I'd use it, but I really only play rock/metal nowadays, bandwise.

Also, I've been around for ages, but I never really noticed what the hell GAS is.
Gear Addiction Syndrome?