ok i am borrowing my buddies ibanez rg350 ex an i changed the strings.
the problem is i took all of them out at the same time because i am used to a fixed bridge.well now i cant tune it even close. every time i get it right and go back to double check them they dont even register on my tuner. what am i doing wrong?? i tried the search but couldnt find anything revant to my situation.
the strings that were in it before were ernie ball super slinkies
the strings i put in were ernie ball hybrid slinkies
you do know that new strings will stretch really bad for a while,so just let it sit 4 a while and then tune it again.
dont put the locking nuts back on it though.
ya the strings have been sitting for about a week
and the bridge is still dropped
you have to get the tension up. Keep tuning them up. Or just give each string about 4 turns on the tuner and try it from there.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
ya i was tuning it up but when i get it close and lock the nut then tune it with the fine tuners they just bottom out
Only lock the nut when you have them all in tune.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Vox AD50
will the bridge eventually stop lifting up cuz my action is very very high and the bridge is pretty high as well
Then stop. You must have strings that are too heavy. You need to use the exact same gauge that was on before.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Vox AD50
This guy has a GREAT method for adjusting floyd rose type bridges. Plus the accent is good for a chuckle or two if you're into that sort of thing.

If you did change the string gauge, this'll take care of any bridge tweaking that might need to be done. The NECK is another story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1c-7-VMY_w