Ok...it's in my profile. I just picked a slide a couple days ago so i suck pretty bad but i wanted to play some anyway. there's also a solo of me playing without the slide in the song so tell me what you think about my playing on that. tell me what you think about the tone if you want to, although the recording isn't great quality anyway,

I'll crit your stuff if you want. Thanks!
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
Quote by QuiatFat
The rhythm guitar is pretty solid the whole way through
I thought the lead in the first 30 seconds was kinda meh, and could be better, but it picked up at around the 30 second mark.

Crit mine?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=919558

Thanks for the crit, the first solo was me playing slide anyway.

You said that you hate the song but that you were playing just to take express your emotions because of your girl friend breaking up with you. even though it doesn't sound incredible you played from the heart and that's how guitar should be played
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

to be honest, I didn't really like it. I think if the quality was better it might sound better. The rhythm was solid but could have a little better sound. To me the sliding needs work. Anyways, Sorry for being a little rough. I just saw John on Wednesday and he is awesome.
Quote by kai29
to be honest, I didn't really like it. I think if the quality was better it might sound better. The rhythm was solid but could have a little better sound. To me the sliding needs work. Anyways, Sorry for being a little rough. I just saw John on Wednesday and he is awesome.

Thanks for being honest; you weren't that rough. I agree he is awesome I saw him on Tuesday. Like I said I didn't really expect my slide playing to get great reviews or anything because I just started. I mainly wanted crit on the solo I play in the song without the slide on.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

personally i disagree with most of the others, i think the rhythm is shoddy, mayer uses his fingers not a pick so its a bolder sound rather than tinny, your lead tone sounds good tho, SRV to the max!
Quote by joshsirjoshules
Once again...it's the NME, they're notorious for being dumbasses. I know that, and I live in Texas for Christ's sake!

"If you think you've got it, shove it out, run it up the flagpole, and see who salutes it."
well mayer doesn't always use his fingers and i don't know if he does for this song. And i didn't think he was going for the recorded version because his rhythm is strumming not playing it like mayer does. Therefore i rated this on how LP played rather than mayer.
Haven't heard the original, but here it goes. I like some of John Mayer's music.

Timing is a LITTLE off in some places, but the lead guitar work is excellent. Rhythm is also really solid.

Just practice sliding a little bit. It's pretty good though . Maybe try with your fingers to see how that works too.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=924826
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.
Quote by rock_guitargod
personally i disagree with most of the others, i think the rhythm is shoddy, mayer uses his fingers not a pick so its a bolder sound rather than tinny, your lead tone sounds good tho, SRV to the max!

I confirmed it. Mayer uses a pick for this song. The solo is decent. It has good tone, that is true. Maybe I should cover some JM. It's just hard because I can't find any midi's or bt's anywhere
Quote by mooshoepork
Haven't heard the original, but here it goes. I like some of John Mayer's music.

Timing is a LITTLE off in some places, but the lead guitar work is excellent. Rhythm is also really solid.

Just practice sliding a little bit. It's pretty good though . Maybe try with your fingers to see how that works too.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=924826

Thank you! I'll crit that tomorrow; I'm going to bed now.

Edit: I like that a lot! The tone is very warm and round. The song sounds really intimate. I'll check out the Vines for sure.
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2

Last edited by LP51122 at Aug 4, 2008,