nop, hav to do it the old fashioned way and tab it yourself
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
really there are programs that write standard notation for drums and piano... is there really not a tabbing program
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
That would mean finding a program that records the incoming sound, transposing it onto a graph which gets converted into tableture. It is most certainly possible, but ill-advised. A good example of this are those programs which create tableture from a given song, they often do not work correctly or are extremely innacurate.

Don't do it.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Think about how impossible this would be. How many time does the note E repeat itself on a guitar? Even the same octave? There is no program that could possible track that. Maybe a program that could tell you the note, beat and so on, but YOU would have to supply the fret numbers. In that case you may as well just tab it yourself.

Well, I suppose if you made the fret board like a touch screen then it would be possible, only it'd be so expensive only great musicians could afford it, and at that point you could probably hire someone to tab it all out for you or do it yourself, both of which would be cheaper.
Well, they have tried, the tracking is horrendously bad. Especially for full songs, where it is not just guitar playing, the programs go haywire.

What if you created a fretboard program that is usable on a tablet pc?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
^^Promoting your own thread? Isn't that a bannable offense?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
1960's Banjuke
Its entirely possible. MIDI is just information showing a different note, and then the sound device generates the sound. So essentially the MIDI instrument is just sending exactly which notes it is playing. Dont know a program which does what your looking for though
I know it is possible. It's all MIDI signal, not regular audio signal. I dont neet to know the tab numbers, as standard notation is fine. Is there anything?