They're kinda fun...as far as cheesy pop music goes it doesn't make me wish I was deaf. They're a couple of years late with their sound though...they're clearly influenced by CSS and DFA.
Quote by smb
They're kinda fun...as far as cheesy pop music goes it doesn't make me wish I was deaf. They're a couple of years late with their sound though...they're clearly influenced by CSS and DFA.

yeah i thought of CSS when i first heard them, its a big change from my normal music though i guess, normally id be listening to bands like Motley Crue, I Am Ghost, Angels And Airwaves, Atreyu, And Ting Tings are my band to listen to once i have a headache from my heavyier Music
The thing about the Ting Tings is because they aren't totally new or original a lot of music snobs I know have shunned them at an attempt to appear really knowledgeable.

Regardless, I enjoy their latest single. Don't think they'll get very far though.
They've been playing them for months on Left Of Center.

I thought they were catchy to begin with, but the sheen has worn off now that everyone and their brother knows about them.

Pretentious of me? Of course.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Quote by K-Lizzle
I thought they were catchy to begin with, but the sheen has worn off now that everyone and their brother knows about them.

Word.

They supported Straylight when I saw them the first time which was about a year and a half ago. According to the girl from TTTs, that was their first gig outside of Manchester. It's been a little weird seeing them getting odd mentions all over the place this year, and then suddenly exploding like they have.

I've never rated them massively.
I saw their video for that one song on VH1 a couple months ago and I didn't like it at all...but then I recently saw them perform on Conan and I kinda liked it.

So I really don't know...I guess they're pretty okay.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
they are kinda fun to listen to when i'm bored. but since it's like this "omg the ting tings" everywhere, it's kinda hard to not get annoyed by them
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
lol they are probably the worst horrible hipster indie pop bands I've heard in awhile. I'm actually extremely surprised them getting any praise here. Those three singles make we want to gouge my ears... particularly "Great DJ"... good lord what a horrible song.
theyre indie in that CSS way... i.e. not independent music but like this horrible derivative pop that hipster people in britain who call themselves indie like to listen to
Not mindblowingly amazing or anything but I enjoy them.

Edit: They'll probably get overplayed and tired very quickly, then release a second album that they really shouldn't have... kinda like Arctic Monkeys.
To be honest, they were crap as Dear Eskiimo and they're not much better now. I'd probably actually enjoy them if I knew there weren't just two of them fronting the band. It really annoys me when I hear a full band playing and then just seeing a drummer hitting along to a backing track and a woman "singing".
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
^
They can't go far wrong, surely? They just need to put on a tape...

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
^
They can't go far wrong, surely? They just need to put on a tape...
I don't know her so I feel awkward judging her, but she came across as being SO self-conscious. She was always adjusting her hat and pulling her shirt down and flicking her hair. Plus the songs were awful. I'm sure she was playing guitar at one point though...at least for just a little while.
The Ting Tings are not a good band at all, they just play catchy music to dance to, which is evident with the very dance like kick drum. My favorite track from them is Keep Your Head, the rest of their stuff is ok.
Quote by Flow of soul
The Ting Tings are not a good band at all, they just play catchy music to dance to, which is evident with the very dance like kick drum. My favorite track from them is Keep Your Head, the rest of their stuff is ok.

There's nothing wrong with making catchy music
I think kids could be listening to a lot worse. They're not aimed at us so it's hardly surprising they're not getting a lot of love here.
Quote by kryptonite22
I don't know her so I feel awkward judging her, but she came across as being SO self-conscious. She was always adjusting her hat and pulling her shirt down and flicking her hair. Plus the songs were awful. I'm sure she was playing guitar at one point though...at least for just a little while.

That, to me, gives them a little more credibility if she does play the guitar sometimes. Makes you think that maybe they did record the backing tracks at least.
Sounds like she's in the wrong game if she is overly self-conscious. At the end of the day though, if people are enjoying their songs live then she could play behind a bed sheet for all I care.
The songs don't really appeal.

RateYourMusic
I did get a little drunk that nght so unfortunately I can't confirm that, but for some reason I have an image in my head of her with one of those big white Gibson things. ES series? That the one?

EDIT: if you search on google or something, a small percentage of the pictures do in fact show her with a guitar. although not an ES. ones a strat and ones an SG i think.
Last edited by kryptonite22 at Aug 9, 2008,
Oh yeah, you're right. Infact, Wikipedia even has an entry on them with her strumming a guitar. I think I know the guitar you mean, the kind that you expect blues musicians to have?

RateYourMusic
the woman in the band plays the guitar, sometimes.
the bloke in the band is apparently the 'talented' one, who creates the bulk of content while she creates the lyrics and vocal melodies. that's according to my sister anyway
i'd only ever enjoy the ting tings on a dancefloor, after several double vodka redbulls. yes i'm classy.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Quote by S.A.Dange

There's nothing wrong with making catchy music

When I said good I meant skillfully and musically impressive.
Quote by frodoisdead
the woman in the band plays the guitar, sometimes.
the bloke in the band is apparently the 'talented' one, who creates the bulk of content while she creates the lyrics and vocal melodies. that's according to my sister anyway
i'd only ever enjoy the ting tings on a dancefloor, after several double vodka redbulls. yes i'm classy.

i think there was a thing on them in Blender or Rolling Stone a few months back, apparently there were a couple other people working on a project with them that bailed and they were the only two left, so she had to pick up a guitar and learn to strum an A and E chord and apparently, that and drums is what they've built their music on. I'm pretty sure she's gotten better since then though.

As far as music, they're not talented per say, but definately catchy. Fruit Machine is a good song, I don't think it was in the few that was put up.

Yeah. The rumors are true. I'm a twat.