Hello fellow UG members.

Well anyways my brother and sister are moving out (finally) and I'm trying to convince my parents turning my room to a home studio. So I have a Korg D3200 that I got last year with monitors KRK5 and I was wondering if I could buy more equipment to make my recordings sound better. Really I'm still fairly new to this recording hobby and I would like some suggestions on where I should go next. Please help. . . what should I get next?
I moved this to Riffs and Recordings; you should get better responses here.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by psychodelia
I moved this to Riffs and Recordings; you should get better responses here.

Thank you! I'm sorry still getting use to the forums.
Quote by <New Clear>
Hello fellow UG members.

Well anyways my brother and sister are moving out (finally) and I'm trying to convince my parents turning my room to a home studio. So I have a Korg D3200 that I got last year with monitors KRK5 and I was wondering if I could buy more equipment to make my recordings sound better. Really I'm still fairly new to this recording hobby and I would like some suggestions on where I should go next. Please help. . . what should I get next?

Well, what are you planning to record? Personally, I'd go for an interface and dip into digital recording and the flexibility it offers.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Quote by <New Clear>
Hello fellow UG members.

Well you will probably need some mics if you plan to go that way or you COULD go directly into the device. (Studio-in-a-box?) I would try that and see how it sounds. you MAY need a D.I. box if the recording is really bad or you could use a mic, which is a lot better and is a whole new topic. What are you recording??
Well that korg has compressor, reverb, delay, exciter, deesser, vocal pitch correction, noise gate, and EQ right?

After that I would get some egg cartons for the walls, condenser mics, dynamic, dynamic pencil mics, and a nice pair of headphones.
Would there be any way I could hook my computer (MAC laptop) to my korg and transfer files?
Should I get computer software or should I just have my Korg?
Quote by <New Clear>
Would there be any way I could hook my computer (MAC laptop) to my korg and transfer files?
Should I get computer software or should I just have my Korg?

What are you recording? How much are you willing to spend?
Quote by Ssargentslayer
What are you recording? How much are you willing to spend?

Acoustic. I'm willing to spend all that is necessary for a kick a** sound.
Egg cartons are mostly a waste of time. Don't bother.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by <New Clear>
Acoustic. I'm willing to spend all that is necessary for a kick a** sound.

$20 000 for a mic?

I thought not.

But if your willing to spend a decent amount you have 3 choices: SIAB (studio-in-a-box) which is what it's called. Everything you need right there. Stand alone, which will include recorder, mixer, mic, etc. or a computer based system.
SIAB is fairly cheap (starting around $600 maybe less) gives you everything you need besides mics. The biggest problem is to upgrade you need to buy a whole new system.
The stand alone is good if your gunna add parts and upgrade but it can be more expensive.
computer based programs are nice too. you need a good program, a good mic (do some research on good acoustic mics) and a way for the sound to get into the computer. (I don't know too much about computer based products so you will have to do some research.
Actually, looking again at the Korg, you can probably export a majority of files to your computer through USB without a problem. If anything, just get nice microphones for your acoustic/voice. The Rode NT2000 is a ridiculously versatile and sweet sounding microphone that should handle whatever you throw at it.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
I would buy logic for your mac. I have and its amazing. Check out my myspace. it has recordings done with Logic. Use the korg as a preamp. That way you can compress, and cut out booming lows and piercing highs before it goes to the comp. Just make sure that the korg can split it into different tracks. If you go over 0 db when the raw signal enters the comp, you'll get digital distortion.