so i've recently decided that i want to go in a phychedelic direction with my guitar playing. my favourite guitarist is john frusciante. can anyone tell me of some other guitarists that have a phychedelic sort of sound going on? thanks in advance.
John Squire of The Stone Roses definitely comes to mind, check out "Elephant Stone", "Fool's Gold", and "I Am The Resurrection".
Steven Wilson.

Yeah, his newer stuff for Porcupine Tree has a metally/hard-rock edge, but all of his work in PT from '87-1999 is psychadelic/pop/progressive rock and his work in all of his other projects is psychadelic or ambient.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
eric clapton when he was with cream, george harrison, robby kreiger of the doors
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Hendrix, Jim James and Carl Broemel, and Jimmy Page got psychedelic at times.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
zeppelin is more psychedelic than anything else they do.

*waits for someone to go, "nu uh! they're rock n rollllll all the wayyy!!!"
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Pink Floyd, Hendrix (duh), King Crimson, Gentle Giant, etc
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Eddie Hazel of Funkadelic. Listen to Maggot Brain if you want an idea of what he's like.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
Quote by Slone
Eddie Hazel of Funkadelic. Listen to Maggot Brain if you want an idea of what he's like.

Listen to this guy! The whole album Maggot Brain is really cool, and the song itself is a 10 minute guitar solo. It's excellent stuff!

Saint Louis Blues
hey, you ppl seem to know your stuff, check out my posting of "hey, please help me" IM DESPERATE!
Quote by The Picker
Listen to this guy! The whole album Maggot Brain is really cool, and the song itself is a 10 minute guitar solo. It's excellent stuff!

Thanks for the beer
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
Floyd definitely. Listen to the intro to Shine on you Crazy Diamond (part 1) and the solo of Money. Classic psychedelic rock.
Robby Krieger of the Doors is a great suggestion, as was Maggot Brain by Funkadelic.

You should also check out Big Brother and the Holding Company.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
I was gonna say Frank Zappa, but then I remembered how much he was against drugs.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Nick McCabe of The Verve.

Check out the "A Storm In Heaven" album.
Fender USA Standard Stratocaster
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonerider British Distortion
Tonerider American Overdrive
Boss DD7
Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker
Treble Booster.
Quote by toha33
Josh Homme during his Kyuss days.

GASP!! Another kyuss fan! Stick together, brother, we are a dying race!
Mars volta (people will argue, but just listen to them, de-loused at the comatorium is their best cd IMO, but their new one is just alright, much more psychadelic though).
Oh man you soooo have to start listening to Porcupine Tree! Steven Wilson = Pyschedelic Genius.
thanks for the comments dudes and dudettes. its funny, i was wearing a hendrix shirt when i wrote this and i completely 4got about him. i will definitley look into these guitarists.
dead meadow is amazing!!! listen to anything off their self titled cd especially. epic phsycodelic
Quote by Mondo Generator
GASP!! Another kyuss fan! Stick together, brother, we are a dying race!

AMAZING BAND def check them out if you like heavy/psychodelic
Gilmour
Clapton(Cream Era)
Hendrix
Jeff Beck could be considered Psychadellic, but maybe not so much.

Bands I found via youtube by searching psychadellic:

The Black Angels http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQTkOP60bGg&feature=related
Rogerthat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4_a7jFaxgI&feature=related
Entrance (Grim Reaper Blues comes to mind)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXWbLWjHWQo

Yes, I realize some of those aren't considered psychadelic, good bands none the less.

Oh also, because I'm a fanboy, Eric Johnson during his Electromagnet era. Sort of a Jazz Fusion/Psychadelic band.