Yes
2 2%
No
90 85%
Psh
14 13%
Voters: 106.
Page 1 of 2
Dont know if there is a thread about this subject but here it goes. Yes i did use the search bar.
Do you find it racist? I was going to put it in the gaming thread but its really more about the people who say it is racist. I cant get my head around it being racist, i think its more that someone saw a white person shooting a black person in a game, so its straight up for being racist.
Its annoyed me a little bit cause im really looking forward to this game and people are already talking about the controversy.
HAVE A NICE DAY!
its not racist, it's set in some middle eastern country where the people are black, therefore all the zombies will obviously be black. some people are kicking up a fuss over nothing, just ignore them and try to enjoy the game
It wasn't racist when they shot dead white guys in a game set in a predominantly white nation, shouldn't be considered racist if they shoot dead black guys in a game set in a predominantly black nation.
Quote by burrit0
It's a game about zombies...

10 points for observation, thats the piont.
HAVE A NICE DAY!
Quote by freedoms_stain
It wasn't racist when they shot dead white guys in a game set in a predominantly white nation, shouldn't be considered racist if they shoot dead black guys in a game set in a predominantly black nation.

This.
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
from what i remember in an old interview one of the designers was saying that the story is made to go back to the root of the virus... that root is in africe, the cradle of life, cause all them fancy deseases are in africa anyway

just cause africa is populated by black people isn't racist, its a fact. anyone who is talking contreversy are conservative minded bleeding hearts who probably don't even play video games and just wants some attention and create the contreversy
-----
Peavey 6505+ w/ BG412F
B.C rich platinum pro w/ EMG 81&85
-----
Resident Evil 4 was a white guy killing people in a place populated by Spanish speaking people who may not have been Caucasian as well, yet I don't recall talk of racism for that game.
Quote by freedoms_stain

I completely agree. It would be more racist if they put white people in the predominantly black nation, as it suggests (or people might think it suggests) that the would not include black people in games etc.

Some assholes always find a reason for something. And yeah ignore them and enjoy the game. 'Cause I know I sure as hell am gona do that.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I completely agree. It would be more racist if they put white people in the predominantly black nation, as it suggests (or people might think it suggests) that the would not include black people in games etc.

Some assholes always find a reason for something. And yeah ignore them and enjoy the game. 'Cause I know I sure as hell am gona do that.
Your font color is really hard to read...
When white people kill black people, it's racist. When black people kill white people, it's not racist. Naturally, that is not the definition, but it's almost always the way it is portrayed. I'd say the context defines whether it's racist or not, rather than simply matching the ethnicities. You could call the Blade movies racist simply because Blade is black, and most of the vampires aren't. Still, they are vampires, they are the bad guys, and the movie(or game) revolves around that, rather than what color their skin is. This is obviously not directed at any of you guys, but calling this stuff racist just proves that you see what you want to see, rather than what is intended. Zombies are evil(or whatever you wanna call it) and they try to kill you, basic instinct, kill the bad guys to stay alive, follow the storyline etc. etc.
People are too quick to label things as racist. The game is set in Africa. The majority of native Africans are in fact black. Ugh it's ridiculous. I'm almost sure that the guy who labeled it as racist was actually a white guy insecure about lack of prejudice, so he decides to prove to the world that he is, in fact, not racist by pointing out potential racism in a video game.

This is almost as ridiculous as the guy who thinks Black Hole is a racist term.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Quote by JanB
from what i remember in an old interview one of the designers was saying that the story is made to go back to the root of the virus... that root is in africe, the cradle of life, cause all them fancy deseases are in africa anyway

just cause africa is populated by black people isn't racist, its a fact. anyone who is talking contreversy are conservative minded bleeding hearts who probably don't even play video games and just wants some attention and create the contreversy

tl;dr,
mid-life-crisisizing women trolling harmless nerds.
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
No.

"Capcom have obviously shot themselves in the foot by having the peasants this time around being African, thus promoting the envetble honking from the pollectily correct.

In a weak defence of Capcom RE4 wasn't anymore racist with the peasants being European and characters running around unironically going "Ay Yai Yai".

But it seems poverty stricken Africans are different kettle of fish compared to greasy main-land Europeans. However the game is still made by the Japanese, and we all know what a bunch of xenophobic dickheads they are."

Quote may not be exact.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by Life Is Brutal
Well, there are white zombies too. Its racist to think only back people are in Africa.

ok you made me wanna listen to black sunshine

but if you went into africa and saw a white zombie i guarentee the first thing you'll think is 'wtf, a white zombie in africa'
Sig space available, give me some praise
This is stupid, I'm black and in no way offended by this game. The main character is white, and he's in Africa; why are people so shocked to see him shoot black zombies? Where do they expect white zombies to come from?
Quote by Opeth_Death
Resident Evil 4 was a white guy killing people in a place populated by Spanish speaking people who may not have been Caucasian as well, yet I don't recall talk of racism for that game.

That is very true. It's so stupid that people think this is a racist game. Here's what I have to say about people who thinks it's racist...

"Just dont buy the damn game >_> miss out on one of the greatest games to come."
Quote by eldanny
No.

"Capcom have obviously shot themselves in the foot by having the peasants this time around being African, thus promoting the envetble honking from the pollectily correct.

In a weak defence of Capcom RE4 wasn't anymore racist with the peasants being European and characters running around unironically going "Ay Yai Yai".

But it seems poverty stricken Africans are different kettle of fish compared to greasy main-land Europeans. However the game is still made by the Japanese, and we all know what a bunch of xenophobic dickheads they are."

Quote may not be exact.

Yahtzee. He knows his stuff.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
Would it be less racist if the people from AFRICA were white? Then it would be like they were ignoring that black people exsist.
No, if you think it is then that is political correctness gone made. If your character was a Nazi skinhead in the game then maybe it would be but it is not, it is just a game.
Was called racist in 4 when you were killing Spanish zombies?
No.
Is it racist now that it's moved to blacks?
No.
I mean, wouldn't have there been more racism involved if they decided to leave OUT the blacks? As gamers playing Resident Evil, we've already killed like every other ethnicity (exageration, but you get my point I hope ... ), so why not throw in some blacks? It's not going to be completely black anyways, I'm pretty sure the developers have already stated that.

Also, TS, I love your name Great movie/book. I'm rereading the novel right now.
Yeah, a thread has been done on this before. I agree, it isn't racist. That's basically all that was said last time, so yeah.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by Blackholesun00
Again, I can't wait to bust a cap or two and every ****** zombie I see.

Your username is racist, buddy.

I hope for RE6 we go to China so people can completely ignore an equally "serious" case of racism.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia

Do you folks like folk?
They said it was to bring a setting back to where all humans started at the start of evolution or something like that. I saw a interview on youtube
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by freedoms_stain

Checkmate.
Quote by AtThisVelocity
Your crying like a baby to the pit....You have pretty much ruined it for yourself.
no way
its a game about zombies
and its set in africa
you should be asking if its gonna be scary or not :P
ps...they introduced a side character who is black...i think
Nope.
Nobody said that killing Mexican zombies was racist, I don't see why killing African zombies should be any different.
I think it's racist and should be banned. And yes I'm serious, it's almost more racist than san andreas and they say the n word like 10 times a sentence.
Hey what about games that they kill tons of white people in? If 100 white people die in a video game nobody cares....if a black person dies in A GAME its automatically racist......

What is this world coming to.......
Quote by Hakanku
I once went in to a public restroom and George Michael approached me for sex. True Story.
Page 1 of 2