Page 1 of 2
does it not strike anyone that dean guitars is exploiting the death of dbd? i mean they were not a big metal brand before he designed a model, since his death they must have brought out 15 - 20 different razorbacks and of the bandwagon of that theyve managed to become a metal brand signing trivium, dave mustaine and machine head to their roster (edit for the idiots) of artists with sig models(end edit). i just feel its a bit inconciderate to profit so heavily over the tragic death of one of the greatest guitarists and founding guitarist of groove metal. share and discuss.
Quote by Moggan13
Yeah, nothing beats a Thread about a bunch of Christian knights traveling to the Middle-East and killing loads of Muslims...
Last edited by m1dnight at Aug 2, 2008,
Dean has roosters?
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by m1dnight
does it not strike anyone that dean guitars is exploiting the death of dbd? i mean they were not a big metal brand before he designed a model, since his death they must have brought out 15 - 20 different razorbacks and of the bandwagon of that theyve managed to become a metal brand signing trivium, dave mustaine and machine head to their rooster. i just feel its a bit inconciderate to profit so heavily over the tragic death of one of the greatest guitarists and founding guitarist of groove metal. share and discuss.
Only one word stood out for me in that. They have a rooster?
Trivium, Machine Head and Dave Mustaine all signed a rooster? Did they auction it for charity or something?

Edit: ^
a rooster in context of music is a group of people collected under one brand/ label. ie the artists playing for roadrunner are in the roadrunner rooster, or the rooster of artists of roadrunner.
Quote by Moggan13
Yeah, nothing beats a Thread about a bunch of Christian knights traveling to the Middle-East and killing loads of Muslims...
Quote by Jaymz_515
Dean Roosterback?

Well done.

... Curious as to what it would look like now.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by m1dnight
a rooster in context of music is a group of people collected under one brand/ label. ie the artists playing for roadrunner are in the roadrunner rooster, or the rooster of artists of roadrunner.

If WWE taught me anything, it's that they're called "rosters"
welll the razorbacks are good guitars...but they were big before he designed a model...because he played for them before they made hima signature guitar, one of the guys from maiden used to use them.....and well thats about it really
Sig space available, give me some praise
the dean vehement, its a v with a jagged edge rele
Quote by Moggan13
^you killed the fun
edit: Son.Of.TheViper
Quote by Kensai
I'm no fancy doctor, but it sounds like you've got the clap.
Quote by ross1234
welll the razorbacks are good guitars...but they were big before he designed a model...because he played for them before they made hima signature guitar, one of the guys from maiden used to use them.....and well thats about it really

he created the razorback, your thinking of the washburn he played before
Quote by Moggan13
I don't know, I just think their headstocks look completely ridiculous.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Yeah, they should get off their perch and do something new.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

It is quite shameful, in my opinion, but it works, and business is business. It also gets to me that they have Razorback Vs(I believe) and to my knowledge he hadn't used them much.
You can look at it two ways.

1) Dean are becoming more famous because of Dimebag.
2) Dimebag's becoming more famous because of Dean.
Quote by m1dnight

no, im not...i meant he played for them before they released the razorback
i didnt mind when they first released it, as they did it in contact with the family and as a tribute, but they have gone far too far with this.a
Quote by Moggan13
Quote by m1dnight
i didnt mind when they first released it, as they did it in contact with the family and as a tribute, but they have gone far too far with this.a

by keeping the product going and not taking it off the production line...hardly going too far
Yeah, there are more Dimebag signatures than any other guitarist I know.

But I got a Dean Michael Schenker. Screw Razorbacks. They just make you look like a Dimebag fanboy anyway. (Although mine might make me look like a Schenker fanboy. But hey. He's not exactly a super famous guitarist, and he doesn't get enough credit.)
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by m1dnight

You're just upset that because of said exploitation your favourite guitarist is now a (reasonably) household name. This hurts your compulsion to be different. It upsets you because you perceive it as taking away your individuality and the essence of who you are.

You also hate your mother, don't you?
Quote by HunterRiggs10
Your post completes me.

Quote by mrwaffles
I think you've won this thread.

Quote by freedoms_stain
darthteet just scored big on the win scale.
by releasing hundreds of new versions and slapping his name on everything is going too far, go on the dean website and count how many models theyve done, inc the discontinued ones and the v's. i mean for christ sake the dean myspace has pictures of him all over the place. tell me how that is not exploitation
Quote by Moggan13
Quote by darthteet
You're just upset that because of said exploitation your favourite guitarist is now a (reasonably) household name. This hurts your compulsion to be different. It upsets you because you perceive it as taking away your individuality and the essence of who you are.

You also hate your mother, don't you?

he isnt my favourate guitarist and i couldnt care less if hes become popular, i like music for being music, not because dependant on whether people like it
Quote by Moggan13
Quote by smb
Dave Mustaine is in their rooster? I always thought he was a bit of a cock

That my friend...was genius.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
second^
Quote by Moggan13
uuummmmmm to be fair they just have 'dime' on the headstock because he designed the ****ing guitar. they are not profitting off his death mearly giving credit where credit is due(though i hate dimebag)
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
Quote by Shayne777
uuummmmmm to be fair they just have 'dime' on the headstock because he designed the ****ing guitar. they are not profitting off his death mearly giving credit where credit is due(though i hate dimebag)

What credit???
Each year they introduce more and more models of the Dime ML and the Razorback, models he had never thought of. Each of these models earns them quite a bit every year. Some n00bs that like Dime go and buy these guitars, and that's what Dean is aiming for - making a profit over Dime's name.
strat player forever.
I'm pretty sure that Dimebag's girlfriend at the time of his death owns the rights and authorizes it.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by m1dnight

He was first endorsed by Dean and played their ML models. They went out of business so Washburn started to build comparable models. Dean just recently started building guitars again. DBD designed the Razorback but never got to play it since he was shot.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Yeah, of course Dimebag loved his Dean's, but they are milking the image for what they can get.

It almost seems like they don't give a crap about all of the other artists on their rooster
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by m1dnight
the dean vehement, its a v with a jagged edge rele

It's already clear you don't know what a rooster is but do you know what vehement means? Unless i'm mistaken (it's a possibility) you don't.
im not sure but i think a portion of what dean profits off of dimes name is still going to his memorial foundation, thats the way i look at. Even if they me be exploiting his name atleat not all of it is lining deans pockets and its going to a good cause and helping alot of people .
Page 1 of 2