Ever since I got my pup's swapped in my Ibanez from the stock ones to Evolutions there has been alot more noise, and I mean alot. The stock ones were nearly silent but the Evo's are very noisy. Are Evo's just noisy pup's or to I need to get my guitar shielded or something else?
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Dunno if it was when the local shop installed them. I dunno if it's shielded properly either. I just want to know if Evo's are naturally noisy before I bring my guitar back to them.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
Quote by Lt.DustyBanana
Dunno if it was when the local shop installed them. I dunno if it's shielded properly either. I just want to know if Evo's are naturally noisy before I bring my guitar back to them.

speaking hypotheticall, it could be that evo's are higher output, ie more sensetive. specially to stuff like "noise"
I can't stand watching people waste their money on horrible gear.
Ok well I see it this way, an Evo is a pretty high output pickup. If they did install it properly, then my next question would be, are you sitting close to any computers, pc monitors or tv's while you play? When I have my laptop running on battery all is quiet and I can play with distortion right beside it, but once I plug it in to have it recharged...bzzzzzzz lol
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Hmmmm, maybe it's the power adapter for my effects thats doing it. I've also noticed that the noise level changes depending on which direction I'm facing, if that helps at all.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II