Which do you think is better: the Electro Harmonix Hum Debuggger or the Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor?
NS-2, the hum de-bugger is the worst thing ever made by EHX.
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
I use a lot of gain, and the NS-2 is great for killing white noise, feedback, 60 cycle, hum... anything... all while being transparent, and not choking notes or harmonics...
Ibanez RG 550 (1989, MIJ)
--Peavey 5150--
Custom DIY 2x12
Peavey Bandit II
Ibanez AD 220 Analog Rack Delay
MXR Flanger (not the reissue)
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss NS-2
Dunlop 95q Wah (broken)
Heavily Modded Strat
Sorry to hijack, but i dont think my question warrents a thread of its own...

Even without any gain devices being used, or any pedals being switched, just having my amps drive mode on makes a lot of buzzing noises. Im pretty sure this is down to my teles single coils.

My alesis 3630 has a built in noise supressor, so i set that to stop the hum, which it did. It also killed any the guitars sound unless it was over a certain db tho, which I really dont want, since I use my guitars volume a lot to clean up the tone.

I was wondering if something such as a Boss NS-2 would reduce the hum, but still alow my guitar to sound through even with the volume knob rolled back? Or is there any other pedal that can do this?
Quote by drunkinkoala
Yes, I would masturbate a horse.

Quote by MH400
hahahahaha

You win the internet.

Epically.

Quote by l2p_Guitar
Got a chuckle out of me.
If you can, spend the extra cash and get the ISP decimator. I havent heard too many good things about the NS-2.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
if ya aint got the clams for the decimator "g"...definataley go with the ns-2..

sweetsforlife,..sounds like a shielding problem..maybe some of the single coil people can chime in and help ya out...............you use a 3 prong plug on your amp power cord right ?
Quote by sg622
If you can, spend the extra cash and get the ISP decimator. I havent heard too many good things about the NS-2.

Where are you from? The only bad things I've heard about the NS-2 are from a few jerk offs here on UG who don't know jack **** about anything gear wise.

But they all must be right... the NS-2 must be horrible... I mean its not like 90% of today's guitarist use it or anything?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Where are you from? The only bad things I've heard about the NS-2 are from a few jerk offs here on UG who don't know jack **** about anything gear wise.

But they all must be right... the NS-2 must be horrible... I mean its not like 90% of today's guitarist use it or anything?

Yeah, because if Zakk Wylde and Wayne Static use MGs then they must be good eh?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Yeah, because if Zakk Wylde and Wayne Static use MGs then they must be good eh?

First off, Zakk doesn't use them he only endorses them. Second, for Static-X's sound the MG actually gets the job done.

But there is a bit of a difference between two people using something and claiming its good and literally thousands of people using something and saying that its a great product.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
First off, Zakk doesn't use them he only endorses them. Second, for Static-X's sound the MG actually gets the job done.

But there is a bit of a difference between two people using something and claiming its good and literally thousands of people using something and saying that its a great product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkB4csSmoRU&feature=related
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude

Only proves that he, like all of you other dumb asses here on UG, don't know how to properly use the thing. I can turn mine on and it doesn't affect the tone at all.

And like I said, with thousands of guitarists standing behind the NS-2 I really don't care what you have to say because you are just another mindless tool like everyone else on here.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Only proves that he, like all of you other dumb asses here on UG, don't know how to properly use the thing. I can turn mine on and it doesn't affect the tone at all.

And like I said, with thousands of guitarists standing behind the NS-2 I really don't care what you have to say because you are just another mindless tool like everyone else on here.

I bet you never tried one yourself. And not every touring musician has the time or patience to find the best gear on the market for them.

EDIT: not to mention alot of Boss pedals suck tone.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Aug 3, 2008,
Quote by aznrockerdude
I bet you never tried one yourself. And not every touring musician has the time or patience to find the best gear on the market for them.

EDIT: not to mention alot of Boss pedals suck tone.

I've never tried one myself... nope... just been sitting on my pedal board for the past 3 years without being used.

You're a twat... and I mean that in the nicest way possible.
We got us a full blown thread waur goin on hure!
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
Quote by Drewski09
We got us a full blown thread waur goin on hure!

Haha nah... I'm just fed up with UG right now so I get annoyed pretty easily.

anzrockerdude: I'm sorry if I offended you or anything - don't take it personal... I'm just kinda edgy...

I think I need to get away from UG for a few days and come back with a better attitude.

Trust me I know how it goes with UG, there is a majority of people that think alike and then a minority that have their own opinions. I'm one of the minority, like I think that the Randall V2 is the best amp for metal that I've ever played on and its solid state, I'm fine with that and I don't care what people say. Yeah I've played on a 6505+ yeah I've played a JCM800 Yeah I've played a valveking. My opinions I stand behind and don't care what people say.
Guitarsenal:
Genz Benz El Diablo 60
Avatar cab with Man O War, Black Powder speakers
Schecter 20th Aniv. Stealth #07 out of 100
If the NS2's buffered bypass didn't suck tone, it might be on par with the Decimator. But since the Decimator doesn't alter your tone at all...
The NS-2 doesn't change my tone at all. You just have to fine tune the thing and it works great.